Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mother's Day Brunch?

User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Mother's Day Brunch?

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:51 pm

We usually go to the Galt House but I'm not sure they're having one his year. We need something kind of fancy-ish (ice sculptures and the like are nice) with both fish and meat dishes and lovely desserts. Alcohol is always a plus!
Thanks in advance!

(I know Robin always puts this up as a sticky, but last year I didn't plan enough in advance, so I'm trying to do better this year!)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Mother's Day Brunch?

by Carol C » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Volare has a lovely Mother's Day Brunch, complete with ice sculpture! Selena's at Willow Lake also has an excellent MD Brunch, sans the ice sculpture :D
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Christina, as I had dinner at Rivue this evening, I asked Nicholas Schnieder the Rivue General Manager if they were having a Mother's Day Brunch. The answer was yes, but they have not yet decided if it will be a buffet or a small menu. I will be dinin g there again next Saturday and will check with Nick to see if plans have been finalized.

In the meantime, Carol Carnighan's suggestion about Volare is right on although I don't recall the ice sculpture.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 pm

Christina Hall wrote:(I know Robin always puts this up as a sticky, but last year I didn't plan enough in advance, so I'm trying to do better this year!)

Thanks for the nudge, Christina! :) Since Mother's Day doesn't fall on Derby weekend this year, I wasn't looking past Derby, but you're right, I should. So, this thread is now stuck.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:25 am

Check with Mesh too. We went there last year and it was FANTASTIC.

Top of our list for this year, depending of course on what son's work schedule is .
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

DMcGarity

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:55 pm

by DMcGarity » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:03 pm

We are doing a food and tea pairing at The Fat Lamb for Mother's Day. We have paired up with Wild Dog Rose Tea Shop. It starts at 12:30 and is a coursed menu. The menu is on our website www.fatlamblouisville.com and you can also make reservations there. Hope to see some of you in for a very interesting menu and pairing.
Chef Dallas McGarity
The Fat Lamb and Portage House
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Mother's Day Brunch at Bourbons Bistro

by Robin Garr » Tue May 01, 2018 3:58 pm

MOTHER'S DAY BRUNCH BUFFET at Bourbons Bistro
Sunday, May 13 | 10 am – 2 pm
$25 per person

Bourbons Bistro is opening early this Mother's Day to help celebrate the most important women in your life with a spectacular brunch buffet. Make plans to bring the entire family because this hearty feast is on $25 per person plus tax and gratuity!

Featured items on our buffet will include salad, steak, potatoes, haricots verts, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, bread pudding, fruit, cheese & cured meats, turkey sausage, biscuits, and sausage gravy.

Make your reservations before all the spots are gone. Call 502-894-8838 or click http://bourbonsbistro.com/reservations-marquee/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Mother's Day Brunch at Lupo

by Robin Garr » Tue May 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Mother's Day Brunch at Lupo! We are opening for our first ever Sunday lunch service for May 13, Mother's Day. Our regular lunch menu will be available, featuring our Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas and sandwiches made with bread baked on the pizza-oven hearth, along with a few brunchy specials designed for the moms we love. At the bar, expect to find our classic fresh-squeezed mimosas, harissa bloody marys, and our housemade sparkling limoncello. May 13, 11am-2pm

Lupo
1540 Frankfort Ave.
409-8440
http://pizzalupo.wordpress.com
https://facebook.com/LupoLouisville
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 08, 2018 3:32 pm

Neighborhood Services, one of the new restaurants at the Omni, will have a Mother's Day brunch from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p,m. It's $45 per person, which includes a complimentary mimosa. Call for reservations, 313-6664.

Here's the menu:

Assorted Pastries & Fresh Fruit

-choose one-
Cast Iron Vegetable Frittata
stewed tomatoes/ mozzarella/ pea greens/ sourdough toast

Smoked Salmon or Broadbent Ham Benedict
toasted english muffin/ poached egg/ bbq hollandaise/ fried potato hash

Corned Beef Hash & Eggs
sunny egg/ crispy fried potato hash/ original voodoo sauce

Biscuit & Gravy with EZ Eggs
jalapeño cheddar biscuit/ chorizo gravy/ EZ eggs/ micro cilantro

Chicken & Waffles
waffles/ buttermilk chicken/ bacon bourbon maple syrup/ bbq spiced pecans/ dried cherries

BBQ Shrimp & Grits
bbq spiced blackened shrimp/ cheddar grits/ original voodoo sauce

Chocolate Bourbon Brownie
bernoulli italian vanilla ice cream
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Thu May 10, 2018 2:07 pm

I forgot about this! We love both Volare' and Selena's, but we decided to go back to the Galt House again, since my MIL enjoyed it so much. The food is ok, but I think she mostly likes the atmosphere!
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu May 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Neighborhood Services, one of the new restaurants at the Omni, will have a Mother's Day brunch from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p,m. It's $45 per person, which includes a complimentary mimosa. Call for reservations, 313-6664.

Here's the menu:

Assorted Pastries & Fresh Fruit

-choose one-
Cast Iron Vegetable Frittata
stewed tomatoes/ mozzarella/ pea greens/ sourdough toast

Smoked Salmon or Broadbent Ham Benedict
toasted english muffin/ poached egg/ bbq hollandaise/ fried potato hash

Corned Beef Hash & Eggs
sunny egg/ crispy fried potato hash/ original voodoo sauce

Biscuit & Gravy with EZ Eggs
jalapeño cheddar biscuit/ chorizo gravy/ EZ eggs/ micro cilantro

Chicken & Waffles
waffles/ buttermilk chicken/ bacon bourbon maple syrup/ bbq spiced pecans/ dried cherries

BBQ Shrimp & Grits
bbq spiced blackened shrimp/ cheddar grits/ original voodoo sauce

Chocolate Bourbon Brownie
bernoulli italian vanilla ice cream

AM I understanding this correctly that you only get 1 of the above items , a mimosa, fruit and pastries for $45? I knew things would be a little more expensive there but that sounds downright ridiculous.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 11, 2018 10:55 am

Mark R. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Neighborhood Services, one of the new restaurants at the Omni, will have a Mother's Day brunch from 6:30 a.m. to 3 p,m. It's $45 per person, which includes a complimentary mimosa. Call for reservations, 313-6664.

AM I understanding this correctly that you only get 1 of the above items , a mimosa, fruit and pastries for $45? I knew things would be a little more expensive there but that sounds downright ridiculous.

I don't know anything more than what's on the menu, Mark. When you put it that way, it does sound a little high. Of course, the market decides what price is fair. ;)