Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

Re: BATTERED (NOT breaded) Fish Sandwich ???

by bob.durbin » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:49 pm

We serve an IPA battered cod sandwich with tartar, cabbage and fennel slaw and iceberg lettuce on a Breadworks brioche bun here at Encore on 4th. It's available on both our lunch and dinner menus.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:25 pm

charles.minter wrote:
Mark R. wrote:Here's another place that might be interesting: https://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle ... w-heights/ I just happen to come across the article about it while reading Insider Louisville this morning.

Passtime has a terrific fish sandwich. I also have enjoyed the fried bologna sandwich.

Like the article says, it’s a cash only place. I believe they have an ATM on-site.

There is an ATM. Best fish in town. Order at the counter and they deliver inside or outside. Onion rings a little different but good. Beer available. Does look like an old bar because it is. On Watterson Trail close the baseball park. Watch for the sign because the building is not very visible from the road.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:56 am

Just avoid the Moby Dick’s on Pamela Way. (Unfortunately I think that’s the one closest to you.)
I’m currently fight a very bad bout of food poisoning from a visit there last night.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Previous