Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nice NULU article in the NYT

no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Nice NULU article in the NYT

by GaryF » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:08 pm

This features a short list of not always on the radar places.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/trav ... ctionfront
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Nice NULU article in the NYT

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:16 pm

Nice publicity! And yet, somehow ... random?
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 am

Yep, its Derby time and the articles should start rolling in. Forbes did a nice piece on the Louisville Omni a few days ago. Its worth a read:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmst ... a5023f1afd

Here are two excerpt I found interesting:

In terms of shops and eateries, the hotel has an extremely impressive slate, and reminds me of the similarly designed Omni in Nashville, connected to the Country Music Hall of Fame. But there are two big differences. First, Nashville has lots of good deluxe hotels, and Louisville does not. Secondly, the Nashville Omni is a bit of a big, impersonal convention hotel, while this one has better service and more of a luxury feel (I’ve stayed at both).

I’ve previously stayed at other large hotels in the city, and the Omni is better in every way. I was pretty neutral about the brand previously, but I was very impressed with this hotel, and if you are visiting Louisville for pleasure, it is a perfect fit for all the dynamic and happening changes the city is going through, a self-contained, full service venue that almost feels like an urban resort, full of energy.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 am

Robin Garr wrote:Nice publicity! And yet, somehow ... random?

Random indeed!