Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Washington and Wenzel...

no avatar
User

Ross Lister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Washington and Wenzel...

by Ross Lister » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:56 pm

Anyone know what is going in at that corner? They are almost finished, I drive by it almost every day and am curious. Don't see it mentioned anywhere here.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Washington and Wenzel...

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Which corner, Ross? There's a funny white building on the corner where the intersection forms an acute angle that looks like it could become Louisville's answer to the Flatiron Building. :) I haven't heard a thing, though.
no avatar
User

Ross Lister

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ross Lister » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Which corner, Ross? There's a funny white building on the corner where the intersection forms an acute angle that looks like it could become Louisville's answer to the Flatiron Building. :) I haven't heard a thing, though.

That's the one. Acute angle, pretty sure its now dark brown but they have been working on it for a while now and tables are setup with shelving separating table areas. Guess I'll stop in next time I see someone in there and report back!
no avatar
User

MichaelBolen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:03 pm

by MichaelBolen » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:33 am

It's a fresh casual concept called Naive. Very Brooklyn. Hope they do well, we need much more of this in Louisville....they have had a food stand at area events for the lats year, including summer festivals last year.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:47 am

Thanks, Michael! I knew about Naive but didn't make the connection with the street corner. Their FB page says the soft opening was April 8, so they must be very close to launch.

https://www.facebook.com/eatnaive/
no avatar
User

Ross Lister

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ross Lister » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:04 am

MichaelBolen wrote:It's a fresh casual concept called Naive. Very Brooklyn. Hope they do well, we need much more of this in Louisville....they have had a food stand at area events for the lats year, including summer festivals last year.

Interesting name! Thanks for the info Michael.

I did some searches and it appears to be a fast casual, veggie centric, locally sourced concept.

My vegetarian mum who lives round the corner will be psyched!
no avatar
User

Ross Lister

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ross Lister » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:51 pm

So apparently the name is because everyone the owners talked to said they were naive to think a restaurant would work there.

They sent an invite out to neighbors and my mum said she went to the website as soon as she got it but it was all booked up for that event.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:10 pm

This article popped up this afternoon on Business 1st about the restaurant: https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/ ... j=81020341
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"