Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Frozen yogurt

User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

Frozen yogurt

by Gordon M Lowe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:47 am

I'm looking for a place that sells frozen yogurt in a cone. I'm not really into the self-serve style like Orange Leaf, which I recently tried, plus they only have cups.

I remember the first place I ever had frozen yogurt was on vacation with my parents in the 1970's. We were somewhere on Cape Cod; Provincetown, I think. Rainbow Blossom was also a new thing back then, and I remember that's the first Louisville place where we got some. It was probably pineapple, or maybe lemon. It was the original store, on Breckenridge Lane, and their frozen yogurt machine was in the back.

I thought I heard something about a frozen yogurt place opening soon in Holiday Manor. Any other suggestions?
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

Re: Frozen yogurt

by charles.minter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Albeit self serve and sorbet as opposed to yogurt, the Pomegranate Raspberry Sorbet is terrific at Sweet Savannah’s on Taylorsville Road in J’town. They do have several yogurts which I have not yet tried.
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gordon M Lowe » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Thank you, Charles. I'll keep that in mind. I've never heard of that place. I don't really understand the trend toward self-serve, other than I guess kids like it.
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gordon M Lowe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Never made it out to Savannah's, but I did go to Pearl Street Treats this afternoon. They serve several flavors of frozen yogurt, and I could get it in one of two different kinds of cones, so I was a happy camper, and will be back. :D It's in a little house right at the foot of the Big 4 bridge, across the street from Parlour Pizza.