Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Critical food violations

User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Critical food violations

by Mary Anne » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 pm

It looks like a lot of Food Trucks have popped up on this list...wonder what's up with that?
https://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2018/04/11/these-louisville-restaurants-had-critical-food.html
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Critical food violations

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Almost makes me wonder if somebody over there is cranky over the outcome of the food-truck suit. :twisted:
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Almost makes me wonder if somebody over there is cranky over the outcome of the food-truck suit. :twisted:

I was thinking the exact same thing, it certainly makes you wonder because previously I don't remember ever having seen 1 on the list. Actually if you look over the list there are several other restaurants on it that surprised me.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:23 am

Mark R. wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing, it certainly makes you wonder because previously I don't remember ever having seen 1 on the list. Actually if you look over the list there are several other restaurants on it that surprised me.

Well, they have always inspected food trucks, and they hold them to as strict a standard as bricks-and-mortar, so there's nothing new about that. In fact, they inspected things like state fair food carts before food trucks got so commonplace.

I'll spare my usual rant about Biz First running these things as clickbait without explaining how trivial most C violations are, that most are corrected on the spot, and a reinspection follows within weeks.