Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Yuengling Pricing

User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

Yuengling Pricing

by Gary Z » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:03 am

So it’s finally here and now I’m questioning what people are charging for it. Mostly it seems to be priced as a premium, not a domestic. World of Beers is charging $5 for a pint. That seems outrageous to me. I like Yuengling but I’m not a beer snob and let’s be honest... it’s barely a step up from Coors Light. Just because it’s new to KY doesn’t mean there should price gouging.

So I’m interested to know what prices others are running into.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Yuengling Pricing

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:45 am

I won't be buying. :twisted:
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 am

https://www.beermenus.com/

Buckhead Mountain Grill (Jeffersonville) · Restaurant
7.1 miles away · Menu Updated: 03/05/2018

16oz Draft for $5

Rocky's On the River · Restaurant
7.1 miles away · Menu Updated: 02/23/2018

16oz Draft for $4.50

22oz Draft for $6

BoomBozz Pizza and Taphouse (Jeffersonville) · Restaurant
8.0 miles away · Menu Updated: 01/29/2018

16oz Draft for $3.50

I paid $12 for a Bearded Iris Scatterbrain at WOB a few weeks ago, paid $6 for it at Holy Grale last night. Beer prices are all over the place.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm

On premise will be varied across the board. World of beer is not looking for a “happy hour” crowd so everything will be $5 or higher.

Off premise pricing will be similar to Michelob ultra. A few dollars more for a case than bud/Miller.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I won't be buying. :twisted:

Nor will I....
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Gerstle's has Yuengling pints for $3 during Happy Hour (4-7pm) and $4 the rest of the time.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:17 pm

no purchases here....voting with my tongue....
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:47 am

From Forward Kentucky...

"Excited about Yuengling beer coming to Kentucky? Well, if you support unions, care about the environment, and can’t believe anyone would vote for Donald Trump, you may want to re-think your excitement.

The problem isn’t the beer itself, which has built a strong following. The problem is the ongoing actions of its leadership, which is one family: the Yuenglings.

Dick Yuengling, the billionaire owner of the brewery, has been anti-union for decades, beginning with his own company. In 2006, he gathered his workers and told them to “read between the lines” as he started pushing for so-called “right to work” laws for Pennsylvania, the home of the brewery.

He followed this up by petitioning for a decertification vote of the union representing his workers when the contract with the workers (negotiated by that union) came up for renewal. Yuengling told his workers that if they didn’t vote to decertify the union, he would close the plant and move it to another state. Even though such coercion is illegal, he got away with it, and the union was forced out.

From 2008 to 2015, the brewery discharged the wastewater from its brewing processes into the city’s wastewater treatment facilities without pretreating it. The company was warned that this posed a threat to the Schuylkill River, which supplies the drinking water for 1.5 million people, but continued the practice.

After being cited by the EPA for 141 separate violations, the company agreed to a $1.8 million fine and built its own wastewater treatment facility for $7 million.
Not paying taxes

In 2013, the city of Philadelphia cited Yuengling Brewery for $6.6 million in back taxes. When Yuengling refused to pay, the city filed suit. Yuengling commented at the time that he thought the city was “coming after him” because of the city’s bad spending practices.
Endorsing Trump

In October, Dick Yuengling gave Eric Trump a tour of the Yuengling plant, and told the son of the candidate, “Our guys are behind your father. We need him in there.”

The verbal endorsement was widely reported, and led to a boycott of the beer by some anti-Trump beer drinkers.
Now in Kentucky

As Yuengling Beer adds Kentucky to its distribution mix, beer drinkers across the state will have to decide if they want their beer money to support these practices. Many union members have already stated that they will continue to boycott Yuengling beer, even as it becomes available near them. Will others join them?"

References

Yuengling Wants Trump to Win. Which is Weird, Unless You Know Anything About Yuengling.
Yuengling Brewery billionaire pushes “right-to-work” in my home county
Union Busting Ended My Love Affair with a Beer
EPA cites Yuengling for clean water violations
Yuengling goes for Trump

https://forwardky.com/pro-trump-anti-un ... 20Kentucky
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 pm

I'm not buying. My decision was not made because of price or politics. It was because the beer, while not terrible, is just totally average....and I try to avoid average beers.
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:16 pm

I was unaware of the Trump affiliation. Oh well. Bud Light it is I guess, lol
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:38 pm

The hubby and I were snowed in at a friend's house in Ashland, PA many years ago. Said friend assured us that all was well since he had stocked up before the storm and had plenty of food & beer on hand. It was our first (and last) Yeungling experience. Suffice it to say...it was a very long weekend :wink:
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:37 pm

This Yuengling thing reminds me of back in the 70's when Coor's was only available in like 6 states all West of Colorado. I was driving home to WV and my last stop was at the PX on base. 4 cases of Coors beer in my trunk.

I was almost to IL before I had to pay for a tank of gas. I would pull in and tell the attendant fill it up. Then I would open the trunk and show him the case of beer. Big Eyed they all said, oh yeah your gas is covered. :)

It wasn't that Coors was good, but that you could not get it that made it desirable and worth lots.

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:32 am

I'm not getting it either (too many issues raised + so many excellent local/area brews available), but... Kroger has 12 pack bottles for $11.50 or so.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Oops!
Last edited by Carla G on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:00 pm

I had one the other night at the bbq place in LaGrange. (Big R and Shannon’s?)Knew nothing about its background. Tap water. Simply blah tap water.
I won’t miss it.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson