Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Dallas McGarity purchasing Portage House

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Dallas will add Jeffersonville's Portage House as a second property in addition to his Fat Lamb, per an email sent to food writers and bloggers today.

Dallas McGarity wrote:Hi everyone. I just wanted to reach out with some news! Please let me know if you would like to talk more on it. They will be remain open the rest of this weekend and Chef Paul Skulas will be cooking over there all weekend. I will be taking the space on March 5th and we plan on closing for a slight reorganization and reopening on March 14th. Such a fantastic space and I can’t wait to have another location to make my own. I hope to see you all in The Fat Lamb or Portage House soon! Thanks so much!
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Dallas McGarity purchasing Portage House

by Mark R. » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Certainly an unexpected change of ownership. I'm surprised that Chef Paul Skulas is leaving his new restaurant so soon after opening it. I'm sure Dallas will do a great job with it after seeing what he did with the Fat Lamb.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:15 pm

I have no inside information, but given that Paul is taking over the former Finn's, I could see him thinking that one restaurant at a time is plenty.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:25 pm

I hadn't heard about that acquisition by him, it will be interesting to see what he does with Finn's.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:56 pm

The word was out about a month ago. I thought someone mentioned it on the forum, but here's a Jan. 29 article from Food & Dining:

http://www.foodanddine.com/deep-dirty-s ... ermantown/