Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

4th St Live Farmers Market

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

4th St Live Farmers Market

by James Natsis » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 pm

From their website:

FARMER'S MARKET
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 - Wednesday, October 31, 2018
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Enjoy farm fresh produce from local vendors during our seasonal Farmer's Market! Join us every Wednesday from May 9-October 31 at Fourth Street Live! Free parking will be available. Kentucky Double Dollars and SNAP will be accepted.
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: 4th St Live Farmers Market

by Mark R. » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Kind of a strange place for farmers market unless you work downtown. How many people want to go by items for my farmers market at lunch and then have them in their office all afternoon? It will certainly be interesting to see how it works out.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:19 am

Mark R. wrote:Kind of a strange place for farmers market unless you work downtown. .

I think there is a real need for fresh produce among the increasing number of people who live downtown. It's a no-brainer to get locals to 4th St. over lunch (when the out of towers who eat dinner there are at convention meetings) by offering them something they need (a bag of fresh veges, which certainly can last a few hours if the buyers don't drop them at home enroute back to the office)!
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am

Plus, they take SNAP, and a farmers' market is a serious benefit to folks from Smoketown and the near West End. And I expect Cordish doesn't mind those neighbors coming in during daylight hours ... :?
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:28 pm

I'm thinking along the lines of workers hanging around during lunch and grabbing a few cucumbers and tomatoes for dinner. Also, it could be more convenient to pop in during lunch break than to visit a market on Saturday. I know in my case, if I worked downtown, it would be more practical to go to 4th St Live since the farmers market choices are limited where I live.
James J. Natsis
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:17 pm

How many weeks before the cell phone booths and chinese jewelry vendors show up and St. James the crap out of this?
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:04 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:I think there is a real need for fresh produce among the increasing number of people who live downtown.

I'm not sure what they will stock, but the nearby Omni will have a grocery store, the Falls City Market, opening this week. They are supposed to have many local options and hopefully it will help fill in the downtown grocery gap.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:26 pm

Not to follow my own post, but.... the pics of the Falls City Market look promising.

https://insiderlouisville.com/business/ ... ty-market/