Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Have any of you been to Whiskey Dry?

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Just trolling for impressions. :)

Also, is it in the same space as the old Makers Mark Lounge, or different?
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: Have any of you been to Whiskey Dry?

by Robin F. » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:59 pm

I have a friend who had been there for lunch and raves about it. He had the Big Ed. I think Bourbon Raw is in the old MM space.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 am

I have. I had the Big Ed and enjoyed it a lot. The special sauce has a nice kick, and the fries are some of the best I've had in town.

The menu is, maybe, a little odd - only four or five burgers in the $12-14 range and then some high-end plates that are $25-40. Those are disconcerting to see on a menu that's formatted to look like something from Johnny Rocket's or Steak 'n Shake. It's not bad, and I'm sure it's intended to be a playful mixup of styles, but it comes across somewhat confusing.

It's in the old The Pub space, not MM. Buildout is very nice and the place looks good.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:47 am

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I have ...

Thanks, Jeff!
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:05 pm

Not quite the weather for it anymore, but the Hot and Sour Whiskey Onion Soup looks yummy. I didn't realize it was open, will have to check it out, along with the other new locals on the 4th strip: Bar Vetti and 4th Street Marketplace.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:00 pm

SilvioM wrote:... along with the other new locals on the 4th strip: Bar Vetti and 4th Street Marketplace.

I really like bar Vetti. I haven't been to Marketplace in its new incarnation, and really I should.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I have. I had the Big Ed and enjoyed it a lot. The special sauce has a nice kick, and the fries are some of the best I've had in town.

The menu is, maybe, a little odd - only four or five burgers in the $12-14 range and then some high-end plates that are $25-40. Those are disconcerting to see on a menu that's formatted to look like something from Johnny Rocket's or Steak 'n Shake. It's not bad, and I'm sure it's intended to be a playful mixup of styles, but it comes across somewhat confusing.

It's in the old The Pub space, not MM. Buildout is very nice and the place looks good.

Concur, especially with the Big Ed . . . my wife & I split one after the Broadway Series announcement party (great appetizers in Omni, but wanted a bit more . . . ) and it was perfect with the fried tomato and spice really adding to the burger. We subbed the Brussel Sprouts for the fries, and they were quite good (not as good as the burger, but good). The place was pretty empty at 6:30 Wednesday, but by the time we left it was filling up.

I do feel sorry for the bartender . . . someone must have asked for a "top shelf" bourbon, and she was balancing on the (sliding) ladder trying to reach the bottle!
Andrew Mellman