Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Food trucks at events?

no avatar
User

nicole.bright

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Food trucks at events?

by nicole.bright » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 am

I want to hire a food truck to come to a private event... where would I start, and how does the fee structure work for that sort of thing? (Is there a minimum amount required? Is there a straight rental fee? Where's a good list of food trucks who do this?)

Any info appreciated!!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Food trucks at events?

by Heather L » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 pm

We book food trucks for a festival I put on (So different type of thing entirely) so I can't really speak to minimums or fee structures for a private event. Honestly, I would reach out to trucks you are interested in directly. Have a favorite? Reach out to them via their facebook page or via email - if they list one on their social media channels. There are frequently multiple trucks set up at Humana Waterside (on Witherspoon Street) even in February, if you want a good way to check a few out.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Contact Leah Stewart on here. She runs the food truck group here in town.
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Yes, I can help!
I book trucks for the Louisville Food Truck Association. All of our trucks have been inspected, are Permitted and Licensed and are insured. You'd frankly be surprised at the number of food trucks who are actively operating that don't meet basic requirements. If you go to our website (www.LouisvilleFoodTruckAssociation.com) and look over our list of trucks, you'll see that we have great variety. Click the link to send me an email, or PM me on here.
Happy to explain how things work and book a truck for you!