Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sarino in Germantown

no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Sarino in Germantown

by Heather L » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Has anyone been to Sarino in Germantown yet? I have not - just wondering if anyone on here had feedback. I think they opened right before Christmas? I've been reading some online reviews with mixed results, which probably isn't surprising for a place that recently opened. Definitely intrigued by the Sicilian Mushroom Pizza!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Sarino in Germantown

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm

We were with a group at Eiderdown the other night and looking down Goss toward Sarino. A couple of folks said that they've been, and liked it a lot. I'm eager to try it myself!
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:19 pm

I had a nice plate of bucatini amatriciana there. I tried an arancini ball that was quite good, too.
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:22 am

Their meatball appetizer is flat out fantastic. Went on opening night and thought it was overall quite promising. Food was solid and service was friendly. They had the usual opening night issues (somewhat erratic timing, food not as hot as it perhaps should have been), but after years in the business these are completely understandable for a new place that is just getting it's systems in place and staff up to speed. I'm looking forward to a return visit.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 am

I noticed Sarino on a new restaurant reservation app called Rezy - had not heard of the place so am glad to see this discussion.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:58 am

Rezy or Resy? I think Butchertown Grocery also went over to it. An Open Table competitor, apparently?
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Rezy or Resy? I think Butchertown Grocery also went over to it. An Open Table competitor, apparently?

Yes, Resy - sorry. I see Sarino, Butchertown Grocery, Rye, and Bar Vetti on the app. Still partial to OT, though.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:10 pm

I'd love to hear from some of the folks who've chosen it. I wonder if it offers better terms or lower fees than OT that make it attractive to restaurateurs, or if it's just a similar-only-different option.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 am

Dinner with friends at Sarino last night. Overall, food quality seemed quite good. Dinner special was a seared tuna - perfectly prepared, bright pink center. Vodka sauced pasta was well received. My bolognese pasta was nearly perfect (could have used a tad more dairy) with a wider noodle than usual (which I appreciated). Some service issues, but they were nearly slammed, especially after basketball. But they missed the chance to sell me a second glass of wine despite having asked for it. And when we did see a server there was a lot of idle chatter about things that really weren't of interest to my table (do I really care how the server is compensated?!). But, minor complaints, overall a good experience, and I'm sure we'll be back.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:16 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I'd love to hear from some of the folks who've chosen it. I wonder if it offers better terms or lower fees than OT that make it attractive to restaurateurs, or if it's just a similar-only-different option.

I just read an interesting article about Resy one thing that it allows is for the restaurants to charge a fee for making the reservations. This becoming a big thing in some of the major cities, the article said that some popular restaurants in NYC are charging fees up to $20 or more for reservations at prime times. I certainly hope that doesn't catch on here!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"