Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Con Huevos opening second Louisville shop

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 am

Just to make sure the news nugget wasn't lost down in today's review ...

And here’s great news for East Enders: Another Con Huevos is coming soon! The second Con Huevos, at 4938 US 42 in the Holiday Manor area, may open during March if all goes well, co-owner Izmene Peredo said. It will seat 100 and add a liquor license. “We will finally be able to sell some cocktails like Guadalajara mornings, a mimosa with tequila,” Peredo said.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Con Huevos opening second Louisville shop

by Iggy C » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:23 pm

That’s great news! The only problem with Con Huevos is that it’s hard to get a table. Glad to see they’re doing so well.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Great news! I've lived in the neighborhood the entire time their original shop has been here, and I still haven't managed to roll up early enough to get a table without a too-long-for-my-toddler wait. :lol:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:16 pm

We live in the neighborhood too, but I've found that going in at slightly off times - a little before noon on a weekday, for instance - will almost always get you a choice of tables.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Wish they had 100 seats on Frankfort Avenue. I think they could fill them easily.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 am

They should expand the Frankfort Ave location into the now closed whatever it was shop on the corner! Florist? Easy for me to say, huh? But would at least give room for some more tables.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 am

Do you have any more details about the exact area? That address off of route 22 is the Rodes building, but off of US42 the only site big enough for 100 seats looks like the new Italian being built by the Village Anchor people. (note: both 22 and 42 are called "Brownsboro Road")

I hope for their sake they are not going into the Holiday Manor Walk; while the two places (Thai Cafe and Shiraz) facing the parking lot do OK, those in the back of the walk have no signage visible from either street and are constantly changing.
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 am

Andrew Mellman wrote:Do you have any more details about the exact area? That address off of route 22 is the Rodes building, but off of US42 the only site big enough for 100 seats looks like the new Italian being built by the Village Anchor people. (note: both 22 and 42 are called "Brownsboro Road").

Well, it's clearly 42, not 22 - note the address quoted, 4938 US Highway 42. In an extended FB message conversation, Izmene told me it's "between Starbucks and AT&T." The buildings appear to touch, but indeed, Starbucks is 4942 and ATT IS 4936.

And behold! Google Street View shows an existing building between those other two businesses!

ConHuevos.png
Future home of Con Huevos II?
ConHuevos.png (482.71 KiB) Viewed 4543 times
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:44 am

Insider Louisville's story both confirms what Robin says about the new location AND says they are indeed planning on expanding into the old flower shop at the Clifton location!

https://insiderlouisville.com/business/ ... s-growing/
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:24 pm

This is all such good news! We checked it out today for the first time thanks to Robin's review and are SO glad we did. Arrived around 1:30 or 2 and still had a 20 minute wait, but it was totally worth it for excellent Huevos Rancheros for us and pancakes for the third-grader. A cafe con leche capped the meal perfectly and was served with great panache thanks to a high, dramatic milk pour at tableside. Texts were promptly sent to out-of-state family urging them to visit so they could enjoy as well. The news of more seating is most welcome! We'll be back, and often.