Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

Mellow Mushroom Highlands closed?

by Laura SS » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am

I was awfully surprised to get the following email this morning -- anyone have the scoop? Was this coming for some time?

Our Final Thank You
Mellow Mushroom <MellowMushroom@MellowMushroom.fbmta.com>

1023 Bardstown Rd., Louisville, KY 40204
Visit Us at St. Matthews

We want to THANK YOU for your patronage and support over the years! Highlands Mellow Mushroom is now permanently closed, but please come see us at our locally owned St. Matthews location. To show our gratitude, we would like to give you the below offer that you can use when you come visit us at:

St. Matthews
3922 Shelbyville Rd
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Mellow Mushroom Highlands closed?

by Alanna H » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 am

I admit I only ate there a couple of times, but we do frequent Steel City Pops next door on a regular basis and MM has always seemed to be doing very good business each time we walk past.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:37 pm

Seems like they overextended in the market and are now shrinking back to reasonable proportions. But if they can't make it in the Highlands, I don't think that bodes well for any of the remaining units.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 pm

Wow. They spent a fortune building that place. Too bad, I never got around to going.
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Please spread the word that anyone who worked at Mellow Mushroom is invited to come down the block and apply at Hopcat. We will bring in as many of them as as we possibly can. It's a sad day when people lose their jobs, but I wish the best to their staff and encourage them to come in and see us.

We also have private dining rooms available and I will make every effort to accommodate any groups that had reservations with Mellow Mushroom that are now cancelled. I'm actively trying to reach the management to offer assistance- if anyone has contact information for them please send me a PM or email me mdoolittle@hopcat.com.

Best wishes,
Madi
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Madi D wrote:I'm actively trying to reach the management to offer assistance- if anyone has contact information for them please send me a PM or email me mdoolittle@hopcat.com.

Madi, that's very generous of you. Thanks!

I thought the Highlands and St. Matthews Mellow Mushrooms were owned by the same people? Even if not, if you called St. Matt's, I'll bet they'd be willing to help make a contact.