Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Irish Rover: It's going to be crowded, but that's okay. :)

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 pm

See Willie's response in a post below. Looks like we can make it work on the 18th!

Okay, folks, we have a small challenge. It turns out that the Rover already had two 12-tops on the books for Tuesday, Jan. 16 before we asked. Given the room configuration, the only space they have for us at this time would be two 10-tops -- side by side -- for a maximum of 20 seats. There's another large table seating up to 8 that is currently open, but it is at the opposite end of the room.

Our numbers are growing close to 30 now, assuming everyone comes. I noticed that in the original post just about everyone said they could do either the 16th or the 23rd, and some actually preferred the 23rd.

So speak up, please! Is everyone willing to delay for a week in favor of having a more comfortable space for the group? Or would you rather stick with the plan with the understanding that we won't be all seated together and some might even have to find seats at the bar?

Please reply as soon as you can, and let's see what the consensus looks like.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Re: IMPORTANT - Irish Rover: We may need to change the date.

by Gayle DeM » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:07 pm

I'd realy like to particpiate in this gathering, but I am unable to come on Tuesday, January 23.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: IMPORTANT - Irish Rover: We may need to change the date.

by Willie Myers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:14 pm

hey Robin! looks like we're going to be a success - - in spite of ourselves!!

but seriously, I'm locked in for 4 now and I'd like to stay with the 16th, if we can. just talked to Michael and he said that they would do they're very best to make it work out for everyone's pleasure on the evening, and I'm sure they will.
I do think we should probably cut-off "additions" from this point onward, however?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Irish Rover: It's going to be crowded, but that's okay. :)

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Willie Myers wrote:hey Robin! looks like we're going to be a success - - in spite of ourselves!!

but seriously, I'm locked in for 4 now and I'd like to stay with the 16th, if we can. just talked to Michael and he said that they would do they're very best to make it work out for everyone's pleasure on the evening, and I'm sure they will.
I do think we should probably cut-off "additions" from this point onward, however?

Willie, thanks for speaking up! That sounds good. I was wavering because I didn't want to mess things up for Siobhan, but if Michael is on board, that should cover it.

I don't think we absolutely need to cut off additions, but latecomers should know that they may not be able to sit at one of the tables with the group, but they could still hang out at the bar and hover, I would think. It also may be that some aren't able to make it and the number will shrink a little.

So, with you and Gayle already heard from, let's stick with the 18th. I'll edit the headline. :)
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Re: Irish Rover: It's going to be crowded, but that's okay.

by BevP » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:34 am

So is it the 16th or 18th I am easily confused? On second thought I think we might just sit this one out I know my son really doesn't like to be crowded up and with my hubby and his prosthesis it could be a bit awkward. So take my 3 off the list would have loved to be there but big people don't like to be smushed together.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 am

BevP wrote:So is it the 16th or 18th I am easily confused? On second thought I think we might just sit this one out I know my son really doesn't like to be crowded up and with my hubby and his prosthesis it could be a bit awkward. So take my 3 off the list would have loved to be there but big people don't like to be smushed together.

Bev, it's the 16th. I mis-typed.

I'll bet we could find a way to put the three of you along a side wall with enough room around you, though! I hate for you to have to miss for that reason, when I'm pretty sure the rest of us could squeeze in to make you welcome. :)
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:11 am

Robin Garr wrote:
BevP wrote:So is it the 16th or 18th I am easily confused? On second thought I think we might just sit this one out I know my son really doesn't like to be crowded up and with my hubby and his prosthesis it could be a bit awkward. So take my 3 off the list would have loved to be there but big people don't like to be smushed together.

Bev, it's the 16th. I mis-typed.

I'll bet we could find a way to put the three of you along a side wall with enough room around you, though! I hate for you to have to miss for that reason, when I'm pretty sure the rest of us could squeeze in to make you welcome. :)

No that's fine I sure don't want to be the one to have folks crowded up on our part when that is what we are trying to avoid. We will visit the Rover on our own for lunch one day when it is less crowded. Thanks
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:16 pm

BevP wrote:No that's fine I sure don't want to be the one to have folks crowded up on our part when that is what we are trying to avoid. We will visit the Rover on our own for lunch one day when it is less crowded. Thanks

Well, I don't want to push you, Bev. We'll miss you folks, though. I hope you can make the next gathering! There's been enough buy-in on this event that we probably ought to do it more often. We've gotten out of the habit!