Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Safari Cafe? South end finds?

by Joni L » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi all, and Happy New Year!

Has anyone checked out the new Safari Cafe on S Third in the south end? It's adjacent to Iroquois Manor.

I know there was a Safari Grill on Woodlawn that has closed, so I'm wondering if they are linked in some way by owner, etc.

What has me curious is that Safari Cafe's sign reads "International Cuisine" (I think it said cuisine, but definitely international). I assume at least African, but the "international" has me curious.

I'm moving to the south end in the next few months so I'm really scoping things out. We're refinishing a house just off of Southern Pkwy, so I'm already in that end of town a lot and enjoying the authentic food scene. If you have any tips or hidden gems, I'll take those, too! Of course we know El Molcajete, Annie, and VK, but hoping for some other recommendations!

Joni
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Safari Cafe? South end finds?

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 am

Joni, I was sad to see Safari Grill close - a nice couple of guys, one from Kenya and one from Somalia. I'd love to discover that Safari Cafe is the same folks!
User

michael.powell

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Safari Cafe? South end finds?

by michael.powell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 pm

One night when VK was too crowded for our liking, we tried A-Chau just up the road on 3rd and it was very very good. More of a Chinese/dim sum influence than VK/Annie's. Will definitely return.
“Shut the front door, son of Tatum O’Neal, that’s dynamite.” - Guy Fieri