Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Finn's Closed

no avatar
User

chris.spellman

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Finn's Closed

by chris.spellman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Steve Clements has killed another restaurant. He was sending back liquor orders while promising employees that they were staying open. It's been an open secret for weeks that they were going under. Too bad he can't learn from his past mistakes.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Finn's Closed

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Bad news, but thanks for letting us know, Chris. I hope the staff finds new jobs soon. They're welcome to post on our restaurant business and jobs board.
viewforum.php?f=7
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 pm

Ugh, I really liked that restaurant >:-(
So sorry to see people losing their jobs. Hoping they find something soon.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:20 pm

I know one of the now-former cooks there. She didn't find out about it until I asked her after reading this thread. She had to call them to confirm it. Raw deal.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

by bob.durbin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 pm

RonnieD wrote:I know one of the now-former cooks there. She didn't find out about it until I asked her after reading this thread. She had to call them to confirm it. Raw deal.

A similar thing happened with the closing of Over the 9 today. One of my cooks works there and told me when he showed up the HR manager was there to tell people they weren't reopening and collecting keys from management.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Over the 9 also?

by Mark R. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:43 pm

bob.durbin wrote:A similar thing happened with the closing of Over the 9 today. One of my cooks works there and told me when he showed up the HR manager was there to tell people they weren't reopening and collecting keys from management.

Thanks for providing that information, I hadn't heard that one yet! I wonder if it's going to affect the brewery or the winery?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

Re: Over the 9 also?

by bob.durbin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Mark R. wrote:
bob.durbin wrote:A similar thing happened with the closing of Over the 9 today. One of my cooks works there and told me when he showed up the HR manager was there to tell people they weren't reopening and collecting keys from management.

Thanks for providing that information, I hadn't heard that one yet! I wonder if it's going to affect the brewery or the winery?

The brewery is moving. That should happen sometime this year and I believe the winery is expanding to fill the entire space left vacant. I can't be 100% certain that's still the plan. However, when I left as head chef at Over the 9 in late May, that was the direction the company was looking to head.

I'm still good friends with the event co-ordinator and she's told me previously that she wasn't booking parties past the end of 2017 because she couldn't be sure they'd put together another real kitchen after my crew and I left or if they'd even offer food or just allow outside catering for any booked events. But, hopefully they figure something out. It's a great space and could be successful if upper management was a bit more hands off.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:18 am

Not really surprised about Finn's the first time we visited was great . Food, service , everything, so much that is where we chose for my birthday in August. Big mistake,had reservations and they still wanted to seat us in the heat without asking even though plenty of tables inside, server was ok but orders came out all wrong to the point of us just giving up and asking for the check.(they remade the dishes twice but twice they were wrong) I contacted the manager a few days later to let him know and he could not understand if I did not want my money back or a gift card why was I talking to him. I just wanted him to be aware of the situation and that he had lost a previously happy customer and he was like "okay".No I am sorry or anything.