Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New restaurant in the Creek

no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

New restaurant in the Creek

by Richard S. » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm

Drove by the location that once housed Marric's, and for a brief time Los Gorditas. Workers were installing a sign that said Four Seasons. I don't know anything about it other than that. I hope they do well; I was sorry to see both of the previous restaurants go away.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: New restaurant in the Creek

by Terri Beam » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:44 pm

I'm bumping this up because Four Seasons Restaurant is open. I haven't been by to check it out yet, but there are pictures of the menu available after searching on Google. There's one review on Yelp thus far.

As it turns out, they're serving "Balkanian," "Mediterranean," and "Bulgarian" cuisine. I certainly wasn't expecting that in our rather vanilla 'burb! I look forward to trying their food as I'm always up for something unique out here in the land beyond the Watterson. :P
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:04 pm

I finally managed to find their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RESTAURANT4SEASONS/, it looks interesting!
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:12 pm

My wife and I ate here tonight. It seems to be a mixture of Bulgarian, Middle Eastern and American cuisine. I couldn't get much in the way of background other than the family had run a restaurant in Bulgaria. We ordered garlic hummus for an appetizer, which was petty good. They have a small soup selection; I asked the server to give me something that was authentic Bulgarian and she brought a crock of what she called hangover soup. It was a creamy broth with chunks of tender pork with two small bowls on the side; one with a garlic vinegar mixture and the other with crushed red peppers for stirring into the soup as you ate it. Entrees were chicken doner kebabs. I've heard of this dish but never tried it so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was lettuce, tomato, onions, sliced gyro-type chicken meat and french fries rolled up in a circle of flatbread. My wife also had a side of rice, which was a bowl of flavored rice with chickpeas. They were putting a tray of homemade baklava into the dessert case as we were finishing up, so we took a piece home with us (haven't tried it yet but it looks good).

At $7.99 each for the doner kebabs, the entire bill was $33 plus a $7 tip. We had diet cokes to drink, but it looks like they serve beer. Everyone was very friendly. They server breakfast as well. It's only a mile or so from my house so I'm sure it'll be part of the regular rotation.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 pm

We had to go to Fern Creek to pick up a gift card and decided to stop in for a late lunch I had the Kavarma which was best described as a slow cooked stew of peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots, with pork. Hubby had the mixed grill which had 2 or 3 house made sausages and a pork steak and he picked a side of potato salad. We both had the bread also made in house. the bill was 36 or so plus 9 bucks tip for very friendly and knowledgeable service. I forgot to say we took 2 slices of baklava home for later. We spoke to the owner and her Papa, the chef these are dishes they have made forever at home . These folks are very genuine, nice and definitely know how to cook.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Wed May 02, 2018 11:16 pm

Robin have you been to the Four Seasons yet? We have become semi regulars and love this place. The have great food at decent prices but the family of owners is what keeps us coming back. I encourage everybody to venture out toward Fern Creek off Bardstown Rd take a left on Hudson Ln it is right behind the Rite Aid. For those so inclined they do have their liquor license and offer up Bulgarian Brandy and wines and other alcohol.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 03, 2018 7:32 am

Bev, no, I haven't, but it's on my radar. Thanks for the testimony!
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Thu May 03, 2018 9:22 pm

Thanks for resurrecting this Bev. I go out that way once a week and often end up at Bootleg BBQ. We're always looking for an alternative.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri May 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Went yesterday. Only about a mile from home.

Had a pork shank with cabbage. Pork a little tough but good and very large. Cabbage was excellent.

From the menu Bulgarian food looks much like Turkish and Greek. Very good

Price reasonable .. the pork shank was the most expensive thing on the menu 16.99. Also have lamb shank and some things that I can neither pronounce nor know what they are.

Service very friendly. Family operation. Dad cooks. Daughters service. We will be back.

full bar.

On Hudson Lane across from St Gabriel and next to the Rite Aid drugstore.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Steve Shade wrote:On Hudson Lane across from St Gabriel and next to the Rite Aid drugstore.

Is that the little building that Las Gorditas (very briefly) was in?
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri May 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Steve Shade wrote:On Hudson Lane across from St Gabriel and next to the Rite Aid drugstore.

Is that the little building that Las Gorditas (very briefly) was in?

Yes
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers