Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Oskar’s Slider Bar

by Iggy C » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 pm

SilvioM wrote:They had a nice promo article in the CJ -- fluff, but good for their business, I hope. Still no menu on their website, I'm curious to see what it looks like, as it appears that the variety will be wider than Grind's.

Here you go. My wife’s favorite was the chicken.
https://www.oskarssliderbar.com/food
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:56 pm

I didn't completely love it, but I enjoyed it and will return. Favorites: Short Rib, Kale Salad, Cheeseburger (of course) and Fries (of course). The fried chicken was tasty, but it needed something on it, sauce or slaw. The fried fish wasn't distinctive. The bar was nicer than Grind, I agree that it's a better spot for a beer -- and a few sliders.

CJ mentioned soups, but there are none on the menu at this time, server said they would continue to add things as they go. I hope they do that, along with modifying the choices every few months. No subbing is allowed, so changing the menu periodically to give the meats and fishes different combinations is the kind of approach that would make it likely that I return more often. All in all, a good first visit.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:10 pm

I went last night for the 5th or so time. Light crowd for a Thursday, but okay. They’ve started having a special each night and one from a few months ago, an excellent pot roast slider, has made it to the regular menu. Last night’s special was a pulled chicken BBQ, also worth a regular menu spot, better than the fried version. Great stuff, wanted to give them a bump.
User

Beth Thorpe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Highlands

by Beth Thorpe » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:31 am

I adore the gravlax there. Can't go without getting one. The desserts area worth checking out, especially the special. The gooseberry bar with meringue was spectacular last week.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:06 am

To help everyone locate this place it's "where Frolio's used to be."
Previous