Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

MozzaPi

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

MozzaPi

by Carla G » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:24 am

Couldn’t find anything on these boards newer than 4 years old. (Centuries in restaurant years.)
Website says they have a location on Hwy 146 just past Anchorage after you cross the railroad tracks as you are going towards Crestwood.
Has anyone tried it? Photos on their website look fantastic but the site itself is an uninformative mess.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: MozzaPi

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 am

It's on my list. The food truck was very good, so I have hopes for the restaurant, and I've heard good things. It's kind of out of the way, or I'm sure I would have checked it out sooner because pizza. ;)

For what it's worth, I think the owner has changed, but I assume there's some continuity.
no avatar
User

Ryan Rogers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 am

Louisville, KY

by Ryan Rogers » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Same ownership, Tom has been on a long and winding road to get to where MozzaPi is today. He built the building the restaurant is housed in, as well as a lot of the furniture and other wood working in the space. I give him a lot of credit for the amount of determination that he has shown in opening a restaurant from the ground up.
Feast BBQ - New Albany, IN & Louisville, KY
Royals Hot Chicken
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Ryan Rogers wrote:Same ownership ...

Okay, I'm reaching back a few years to the food truck with the oven and remembering Justyne Richardson - are she and Tom connected?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Yes, I believe they were. I do remember that they were to maybe even 3 people involved in the original food truck. They were originally planning on opening a restaurant somewhere in Highlands/Clifton area, I believe they already had a building and then I believe they have some philosophy issues between the partners and didn't do that.

We've been planning on going to the new location which is very near us but every time we've been by it's extremely crowded! Must mean they are doing well.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Building looks awesome!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:19 pm

We've been there twice in the last few months. Great food in a very nice setting, especially when the weather permits outdoor dining.

It's well worth the drive - says the guy who ventures outside the Watterson once or twice a month, max.
no avatar
User

Ryan Rogers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 am

Louisville, KY

by Ryan Rogers » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Ryan Rogers wrote:Same ownership ...

Okay, I'm reaching back a few years to the food truck with the oven and remembering Justyne Richardson - are she and Tom connected?

Justyne is Tom's niece.
Feast BBQ - New Albany, IN & Louisville, KY
Royals Hot Chicken
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:53 pm

We had Sunday breakfast there a couple of months ago and the food was delicious! The set-up was confusing and disorganized, but the food was worth it. The smoky cheddar grits were amazing as was my biscuit with pesto and burrata.
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:47 pm

It's among the best pizzas I've ever had. Way better than anything else in town. His crust is pretty close to perfect.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm

He nerds out on the bread for sure and make sure he gets it right. I remember the truck and he worked hard on that and kept it going to build what looks like a cathedral. The food has got to be legit.