Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Food Truck Frustration...

no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Food Truck Frustration...

by Joni L » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Hey foodies!

I know that I'm getting old and cranky, but I am continually irritated by the lack of information on food trucks in Louisville. Can anyone enlighten me on the best source to find out which trucks are where each day? It was Facebook for a while, but most trucks haven't posted locations or events in quite some time. True example, I wanted a lobster roll something terrible today, but I could not find out where Longshot was set up today (if at all). Their last FB post was in 2016...

Can one of you young whippersnappers educate me?

Thanks in advance!
Joni
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Food Truck Frustration...

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Joni, the best way I've found is to follow your favorites on Twitter. Most of the active ones are good about Tweeting each day's location. (I kept a Twitter list of food trucks for a while ...
https://twitter.com/RobinGarr/lists/hotbytesfoodtrucks ...
but things changed so often that I didn't have the time or enthusiasm to keep it up to date. You can look at it for some info, but there are probably tons of new trucks I haven't added. If you know of any, let me know and I'll put them on.)

I assume you don't mean Longshot Lobsta? Their Twitter @longshotlobsta has been silent since April 15.
Longshot Lobsta‏, at which time they Tweeted, "If you are on Bardstown Road this beautiful day come see us at the 1500 block!!" So you can see how Twitter is useful if you can find the trucks you like.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Not sure if it's the same one, but I have often seen a lobster food truck parked in front of La Chasse (1359 Bardstown Road) on Sundays, which is the day that La Chasse is closed. It seems to be a regular spot, maybe not as much as the weather gets cold.
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestion and the lobster truck sighting, gentlemen! I'll have to amp up my Twitter skills :)
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Longshot Lobsta is indeed the truck who parks in front of LaChasse on Sundays.

Most of the trucks have established a regular rotation, so that you can generally know where they will be (for lunch.) The locations are:
5th and Market
Humana Waterside (in the back)
Main St. in front of Waterfront Tower office bldg
Chestnut in front of Norton
Preston near the Dental School

There will always be food trucks at these locations on weekdays for lunch.
Our members are pretty good about posting their locations on our Fb page. Louisville Food Truck Association.