Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Jonathan Blue is buying all the Liquor Barn stores

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Carla G wrote:I like Westport Whiskey and Wine because ... I love looking at the dozens of small batch or boutique spirits from all over the world. And I really love the free advice and background information offered by a knowledgeable salesperson when I’m there. I don’t get that at the big box stores.

+1
Andrew Mellman
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Jonathan Blue is buying all the Liquor Barn stores

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Carla G wrote:I like Westport Whiskey and Wine because I don’t want to see a six foot, three shelf display of Beefeaters or Makers Mark or Johnny Walker. I love looking at the dozens of small batch or boutique spirits from all over the world. And I really love the free advice and background information offered by a knowledgeable salesperson when I’m there. I don’t get that at the big box stores.

I love WWW's selection and I love knowledgeable advice when I need it. I DON'T love being asked if I need help five times in ten minutes, even after I've said "I'm just browsing," which is what I've gotten the last few times I've been in WWW.
Previous