Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Sword and the Scone

no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

The Sword and the Scone

by Terri Beam » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm not sure how this one has slipped under the radar. We were eating at El Caporal off Blankenbaker, and I saw that a tearoom (that also serves lunch) had opened next door.

http://theswordandthescone.com/

The decor is definitely "ladies who lunch." It's a pretty sizable space suitable for groups. I know occasionally people post here on Hotbytes looking for locations such as this, so I thought I'd share.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The Sword and the Scone

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:42 pm

I love the name of the place! Thanks for the alert, Terri. I had not heard of it.
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm

We just had our daughter's 8th birthday party there last Sunday. Such an adorable place! We had a limited menu for our party, but the savory scones and sweet pastries were delightful and the Chicken Salad on a croissant was absolutely delicious. They are open Mons - Sat 10-6 and offer a few different sandwiches (BLT, Egg Salad, Benedictine, Chicken Salad) as well as a few salads and soups.

The kids had a great time at the party and the moms were raving about the food and tea selection. Very reasonably priced for what we had and the owner was lovely.

We will definitely be back!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks for the report, Michele! I'll check it out sometime when I'm out that way.
no avatar
User

viktor.navarro

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue May 16, 2017 2:50 am

by viktor.navarro » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:59 am

I've checked The Sword & The Scone out because of the name. I'm a sucker for puns and thematic restaurants, but this one is not what I expected. it's good, but it's a regular cure place for parties and evenings with friends. Well, and they serve good chicken.