Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Loui Loui closing

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Loui Loui closing

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:49 am

I'm kind of bummed about this. I didn't want Detroit-style pizza all the time, but when I did, Loui Loui did it right. More important, they kept life and fun in the old Ferd Grisanti building with pizza and music. It will be missed.

Here's the Facebook post from owner Mike Spurlock:

Michael Spurlock wrote:Friends I know there have already been a lot of messages back and forth on the subject, but I want to put up a post to officially let everybody know that we are closing down Loui Loui at the end of this business week which is Sunday November 12th. It's been an interesting five years Since we decided to get in the pizza business. We really enjoyed the time we've had making pizza and forging new relationships, playing music and a whole lot of other things that have helped myself and many others grow personally.
The most frequent question I get from people is what am I going to do now? Many of you know that I am an entrepreneur at heart even though I spent the better part of 30 years working in Corporate America. the answer is that I'm involved in 2 really interesting technology startup companies that are requiring a lot more of my time. I am also doing some consulting for a start-up distillery that I think has a massive amount of potential. I intend to continue to play music whenever I can and I still intend to pursue my culinary arts interests and some way shape or form. I just can't say how or where that's going to be at this point.
So, if you want to get one of the top 10 pan pizzas in the world right here in Louisville Kentucky, stop by and see us through Sunday night. And thank you all.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.spurlo ... 6660696440
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Loui Loui closing

by Steve P » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 am

They were a bit too far of out of our way for us to become regulars but I -did- enjoy their pizza a couple of times a year. I agree - they will be missed.

Robin Garr wrote:I'm kind of bummed about this. I didn't want Detroit-style pizza all the time, but when I did, Loui Loui did it right. More important, they kept life and fun in the old Ferd Grisanti building with pizza and music. It will be missed.

Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 am

So, I saw something this morning - too early, I can't recall where - indicating that Bearno's is taking over. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it won't be Detroit pie.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:12 am

From the Insider Louisville story on Bearno's taking over from Loui Loui's:

The current Jeffersontown Bearno’s, at 10117 Taylorsville Road, will remain open. The locations are less than 200 yards from each other on opposite sides of the street.

[Bearno’s franchisee Mark] Lamkin said that Jeffersontown has a large delivery area that could benefit from two Bearno’s. “We think that is two completely different markets,” he said.

https://insiderlouisville.com/business/tcb20171110/