Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Milantoni Italian Restaurant?

by Mary Anne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:27 am

Has anyone been to this new place on Hurstbourne? http://www.milantoni.com/ They have a facebook page too...https://www.facebook.com/Milantoni-Italian-Restaurant-1417037441683036/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Milantoni Italian Restaurant?

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 am

Totally new to me. Looks like a new company, and the agent has a Hispanic name, not that there's anything wrong with that.

https://www.bizapedia.com/ky/milantoni- ... t-llc.html
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:33 pm

I checked out their menus and they looked pretty tasty. Then I checked out the gallery photos and thought (maybe it’s just me) that their presentations looked...lacking. I know Food photography can be tricky but the rest of the site looks pretty polished. Not sure what to think.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:16 pm

The menu and website look a lot more interesting than the restaurant itself does. It's an old Wendy's that has been through several transformations before becoming this restaurant. It sits at the bottom of the ramp from I 65 to S. Hurstbourne, the farthest left ramp to South Hurstbourne, I believe it's the B exit.

We saw the building a couple of weeks ago when we drove by there. It certainly doesn't look like much from the outside.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:09 pm

I was just coming here to post about it too.

The Facebook reviews are pretty good. Apparently their dishes are homemade, and the lunch specials are ridiculously cheap. I'm going to try to check it out within the next week. I won't judge the place based solely on its old Wendy's appearance. Everyone needs to start somewhere, and goodness knows Yummy Pollo has some of the best food in town in a rather icky strip mall.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 am

Carla G wrote:I checked out their menus and they looked pretty tasty. Then I checked out the gallery photos and thought (maybe it’s just me) that their presentations looked...lacking. I know Food photography can be tricky but the rest of the site looks pretty polished. Not sure what to think.

Wow. No kidding.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:36 am

Considering their price point, I wouldn't expect so much in the way of presentation, personally.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Who's going to volunteer to take a bullet and check this one out? :mrgreen:
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Who's going to volunteer to take a bullet and check this one out? :mrgreen:

It's about a mile from my office but I haven't quite worked up the courage just yet.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am

I don't get it - what exactly is the big hesitation with this place? Because it used to be a Wendy's? Because it's cheap? If I lived or worked anywhere near there, I would try it in a heartbeat.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:02 am

I hear you, Heather, and if nobody else tries it soon, I probably will. I think the hesitation is intuitive, though, based on location, lack of buzz, less than appetizing food photos, and maybe even that the agent listed on the corporate papers has the same name as one of El Chapo's sons? ;)
no avatar
User

stacey.borah

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 pm

by stacey.borah » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 pm

I've been meaning to try it as well, it was also a burrito place in the recent past. I think the location is a big part of the problem, it isn't easy to get in and out of.
no avatar
User

travis.davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 pm

by travis.davis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:09 pm

I stopped in a few weeks back. They claim fresh made pasta and sauce in house. I had the $4.99 lunch special. Stuffed shells over Noodles and red sauce. Small portion for the cheaper price but the sauce was most definitely was fresh. The pasta with al dente. By far more than I could ask for for the price. The atmosphere could use some work but I'm sure that is something they plan on fixing up.

Menu looked solid. I hope they do well as can be expected in a location like that.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:09 pm

I stopped into Milantoni Monday at lunch. The restaurant is family owned, really clean and has excellent, friendly service. They were very proud of the fact that all the food, including their salad dressings, are made from scratch. You can't beat a $4.99 lunch special that includes complimentary garlic bread, and they have a pretty extensive menu. I'll be curious to see what their pizza is like. The location is going to be a challenge for many. You cannot access them from both sides of Hurstbourne Parkway so getting to them from the northbound Hurstbourne side will involve a "pass by, go under and past the 64 exit and do a turnaround at the next light" maneuver.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:38 pm

We've been talking about going to this restaurant for quite a while so today on the way home from therapy my wife and I stopped in for lunch. We are certainly glad we did! As mentioned earlier it's family-owned by the son of a restaurant owner in Lexington who have 5 Italian restaurants of his own. This restaurant is owned by the son and his girlfriend, both of whom were there during our visit. As someone mentioned earlier everything is handmade in-house except for the cheesecake which they get from The Cheesecake Factory.

1st they bring you out your bread which is a thick dough much like pizza crust covered with herbs and Parmesan cheese, it comes with a side of their homemade marinara for dipping. About 3 orders of that would've made a great meal! My wife ordered the $4.99 Monday lunch special which is baked spaghetti. It's really not baked spaghetti in the normal sense, it's more like conventional spaghetti with meat sauce and then mozzarella cheese is baked out of the top of it! She really loved it and from the sample I had I can certainly tell you that their meat sauce is better than any other in town. I'm a sucker for a good calzone so I ordered a meat calzone. It was huge and I really had to stuff myself to finish it although because of how good it was that wasn't that difficult.

There were many other great-looking items on the menu with many of which I'm sure we will try on future visits! Don't go in expecting someplace fancy because it's not. It's just a very quaint family-owned business with great food. The location is quite hard to get to but don't let that deter you from trying this great food.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Next