Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Who's doing Thanksgiving Dinner this year?

by Bill Veneman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:28 am

With the great day less than 3 weeks out, which restaurants are hosting dinner this year?
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Who's doing Thanksgiving Dinner this year?

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:36 am

My standard answer is to check the big hotels. But doesn't Varanese do turducken every year at this time?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:33 pm

We are going to the English Grille again this year like we have for quite a few years. They do a great job like they do with everything. Appetizers/Hors D'oeuvres are done buffet format with a huge selection of items. There's always a great soup, shrimp, multiple kinds of salads and meets etc. The main courses in a menu selection (3 or 4 including Turkey, Steak and a fish item). Then the desserts are again in a buffet format so you can pick and choose. I forget the exact price, I think it's $69 per person but it's well worth it for the level of service and type of foods you get.

Of course there's also Churchill Downs which a lot of people go to for Thanksgiving day dinner and I'm sure there are many other choices at major hotels as Robin mentioned.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:22 am

This will my the third year going to Butchertown Grocery- they do the dinner family style with a big selection with enough for everyone, the entrees are turkey and porchetta. They are doing seatings this year- I think it's $45. Can't imagine going anywhere else.