Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2017

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2017

by BevP » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:14 am

We just returned home from 10 day trip to Florida, one of the highlights was a day spent tasting our way around the world at Epcot's food and wine festival. We were on the Disney dining plan and had an over abundance of snack credits which we were able to use at the event. I could not possibly list everything the three of us tried. That day it was just my hubby, adult son and myself , (the dil her guy and kids went off on their own.)I can say the lamb chops with mint pesto and potato crunchies were probably my favorite, while hubby liked the bangers and mash. Our son tried a few of the beers along the way and while I am not usually a beer person I did like the pomegranate one he sampled. All in all it was a fun way to spend the day at epcot and if we ever go back to Disney I would like to go during one of the food festivals.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2017

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:01 am

Sounds like fun, Bev! The last time we went to Epcot was an unusual experience: A friend (a rather wealthy friend ;) ) celebrated his wife's birthday by inviting about 200 friends to a catered dinner inside the China pavilion after closing! It was fascinating to see the exhibit from such a different perspective, although sadly the food was not an authentic Chinese banquet but typical catered banquet fare.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:06 pm

The ability to see any part of Disney after closing would be amazing. I have to say that with our being blessed with so many wonderful places to eat here in town had left us all with a bit of a picky attitude when it came to finding places to eat at Disney other than the character meals for the kids. During the 3 day stay at Cocoa Beach the best meal was fresh seafood at Florida Seafood Company a local place where everybody seemed to know each other but made us feel welcome.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 pm

We haven't been to WDW in about 7 years, but we did do the Food Festival last time we were there and enjoyed it very much! My favorite place to eat is the African buffet at Boma in the Animal Kingdom park. I don't know how authentic it is, but there was soooo much to choose from and all of it was delicious!
no avatar
User

looi

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:23 pm

by looi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am

I have been doing the Epcot Food and Wine Festival for the past ten years, on and off, depending on my schedule, and it is the most amazing food festival I have been doing. Disney's preparations for the chefs' trip and experience is first class and military precision. We get the chance to network with very nice and some not so nice chefs.
Overall the production is world class and would recommend everyone attending the festival to enjoy the Saturday's Party for the Senses.