Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Corbetts

User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Corbetts

by Steve Shade » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:33 pm

The building housing Corbetts is listed for sale. Only the building, not the restaurant.

Reported on Insider. No comment by Dean.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Corbetts

by Carla G » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 am

Maybe he could rehouse out at that other old house on Shelbyville Rd past 265. The one that housed the sushi restaurant. Is it still empty or did something else go in there?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:32 pm

The one that was originally Trattoria Mattei! I loved that place so much! I'd bet almost anything that it's either a business office now, or torn down and replaced with McMansions.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Robin Garr wrote:The one that was originally Trattoria Mattei! I loved that place so much! I'd bet almost anything that it's either a business office now, or torn down and replaced with McMansions.

That building is still sitting there empty but by looking at it when we drive by it's past being saved. Unfortunate because it was a very nice building.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Mark R. wrote:That building is still sitting there empty but by looking at it when we drive by it's past being saved. Unfortunate because it was a very nice building.

I wonder if it's in worse shape than the old Queen Anne house that used to be adjacent to Genny's Diner. :mrgreen:
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark R. wrote:That building is still sitting there empty but by looking at it when we drive by it's past being saved. Unfortunate because it was a very nice building.

I wonder if it's in worse shape than the old Queen Anne house that used to be adjacent to Genny's Diner. :mrgreen:

Just looking at it from the outside I would say yes. The roof is very gently sagging in many places and sections of the porch are falling down. Of course around it is overgrown but that's not a major issue for a rehab. It's been for sale for a very long time and from the looks of it nobody is even texted or been inside in over 10 years. It's a shame that a building like that have gone to waste. My guess is the owner wants way too much money for it considering the condition it's in.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Bummer!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson