Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Food market supermarkets

by Steve Shade » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Kroger at Stony Brook (Taylorsville Rd) is getting bigger so will probably be like the others.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Food market supermarkets

by Mark R. » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Gary Guss wrote:Kroger in Prospect Point has same thing .. expanded deli with Pizza, Bowls, Sushi, Murrays cheese and Boarhead

St. Matthews Kroger on Hubbards has just about all that stuff, too. I think it's the new standard for the larger Kroger shops as they remodel. Even Dirty Kroger has a lot of that, but it's still D.K. :mrgreen:

Robin, I think you're right on that. The one in Middletown also have all that stuff after the one on Taylorsville Rd. in J-Town. It's just their new concept store that everything is going to. Hopefully we'll see another step up so they can compete with some of the stores discussed here as well as Wegmans. We can only hope!

The biggest problem I see around here is that they have absolutely no competition for daily grocery shopping. The only major competition they had with Walmart and maybe Miers depending on where you live and neither 1 of those are even trying to get into that game.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Previous