Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Anderson Grissom

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:18 am

Downtown

Pho Cafe on Bardstown - Now Open

by Anderson Grissom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Pho Cafe on Bardstown would like to announce our opening as well as our house service industry discount of 10% off anytime. Chef Tuan has prepared some of the most flavorful bites to be had in the city over the past few decades. And he loves to cook for those of us "in the trenches" more than anything else which is why he feels that anyone in the business should be extended a discount anytime. I have cards for any staff if you would like them, call or email me and I will happily deliver. Although they are not necessary if you just mention where you work when you join us. 502-759-5054 anderson@dishonmarket.com

This is some of the best Vietnamese to be had, your taste buds will be so happy! Hope to see you all soon.

Cheers,
Anderson Grissom &
Chef Tuan Phan
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Pho Cafe on Bardstown - Now Open

by GaryF » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:28 am

What a wonderful offer! Very classy- I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Where exactly are you located?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:17 am

1704 Bardstown Road, same strip as Sapporo and Superchefs.
http://phocafeonbardstown.com/
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:55 am

I've stopped in a couple times and was thrilled with the well prepared food. The Shaking Beef is beyond good, portions are plentiful, and service is delightful. It's easy to drive by and miss it, but it's next door to SuperChefs and Sapporo. Those not familiar with this strip of Bardstown Rd, you can park behind the building for free, they have a back door entrance. http://phocafeonbardstown.com/menu.html The first coolish day we have I'm diving into the Pho :D
no avatar
User

BillB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm

by BillB » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 am

I can't wait to try it, Anderson. I may need to be on my own, though, since my wife has a shellfish allergy. Is there anything on your menu that doesn't come into contact with the shrimp? Thanks.
no avatar
User

Jeremy Coker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:09 am

by Jeremy Coker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Stopped in for carry out tonight and the food was great. Chefs special noodles with chicken for me and my wife had the pho with beef. Both dishes were delicious and plentiful. But as good as the food was the customer service might have been even better! We were only in for 5 minutes and we were given waters to drink and they even surprised my 4 year old with a little scoop of ice cream after checking with mom to make sure it was ok. Everyone was super friendly. We will definitely be back.
User

Anderson Grissom

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:18 am

Downtown

by Anderson Grissom » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:39 pm

BillB wrote:I can't wait to try it, Anderson. I may need to be on my own, though, since my wife has a shellfish allergy. Is there anything on your menu that doesn't come into contact with the shrimp? Thanks.

Yes sir, there are several. Although you are correct in your assumption, shellfish are scattered throughout the menu in various dishes that would surprise some. Needless to say we have more than enough to satisfy sans shellfish. Most dishes can be prepared vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, or nut free. We do not have any dishes however that are love free, my apologies.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:54 am

I cleaned up a mess on Aisle Four ... :twisted:
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 am

I've been here three times now and recommend it. The price point is a little bit above where I'd expect, but the service and diligence there makes up for it (plus, I'm sure it ain't cheap to have that spot). The main thing, IMO, is going to be advertising. No one seems to know it is there.