Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Coming To Fern Creek: Popeye's

by Terri Beam » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen is coming to the location at the corner of Bardstown Road and Brentlinger Lane, in the location that was previously a gas station (next to Waffle House).

While I don't find this exciting news for the 'hood, I do find it odd that they chose to go in directly across from Chic-fil-A. They offer a slightly different product (still chicken though), but it still leaves me scratching my head.

The next few months are going to be interesting as the developers of Southpointe Commons start announcing their tenants. As far as chains go, I must confess I want Panera in there as we do not have one close enough to grab my plum hibiscus ginger tea at will as often as I would like! While I would love to see something local move in, I suspect it will be chains all the way.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Coming To Fern Creek: Popeye's

by Richard S. » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:28 pm

That sounds good to me. As a fried chicken connoisseur I think Dixie Chicken is some of the best in Louisville, but having lived in New Orleans for many years Popeye's is right up there. Nothing better than sitting along St. Charles Avenue at 6 a.m. on Mardi Gras, drinking beer, eating fried chicken and waiting for the parades. The Popeyes on Preston serves a 3-thigh special for $4.99; I could eat that every day.

We occasionally stop in at the KFC in Fern Creek for their Nashville Hot or Georgia Gold, but it's rare that there isn't some kind of major hassle. Usually it's something along the line of "there's a 20-minute wait for extra crispy," but not long ago I pulled up to the drive-thru speaker to see a hand-written sign that said "closed for lack of staff." I was going to pull off but saw people in the dining room so I walked in. Turns out they were open but short-staffed, and put the sign up to keep from getting overwhelmed.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Lee's is all you need.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:28 pm

neal.johnson wrote:Lee's is all you need.

Last time I got food from the one on Poplar Level I got food poisoning.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:48 pm

That's part of the southern charm.
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

by Tony G » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:03 pm

The Popeye's on Dixie could NEVER get our order correct so we just bailed on them. We just get Indi's now.