Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Washing machine/appliance repair?

by Robin Garr » Mon May 29, 2017 7:53 am

Our four-year-old Admiral washing machine is acting up. Who's got an amazing home appliance repair person to recommend?
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: Washing machine/appliance repair?

by Heather L » Tue May 30, 2017 10:00 am

Great timing - I had the same question this morning but regarding a dishwasher. Based on recommendations on NextDoor, I called The Appliance Man. He called me back in less than an hour, asked if I was home now (unfortunately I am at work) because if I was home, he wanted to try and talk me through checking a valve myself first. I am going to try what he said when I get home today, but if it doesn't work, he said to call him back and he we can facetime to try and do it together. He's trying to save me a service call on something that is likely not really a repair (unless it's a bad valve).

All of that is to say, while he technically hasn't repaired anything (yet), I am already highly impressed with his responsive, honestly and willingness to try and help!

The Appliance Man - Kevin - 502-254-1269
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue May 30, 2017 10:09 am

Interesting, Heather, thanks! We got very good reccos for The Appliance Man on Facebook, but when Mary called this morning, she apparently didn't get the right guy ... he was okay but left her under-impressed. Gotta go with your gut, so she next called Apple and was more impressed. They're coming tomorrow, so fingers crossed!
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed May 31, 2017 9:18 am

Hope your repair goes well Robin! Just wanted to report back on my experience with the Appliance Man - what he suggested worked perfectly! Dishwasher is working again. He cost himself a service call this time, but based on this great experience, he has definitely earned my future business. Honest and responsive go a long way!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks, Heather! Apple is coming today, and I'll report back. I was disappointed, but Mary told me her conversation with the specific expert she consulted at the Appliance Man just wasn't reassuring to her, so I've got to go with that. Or else get into an argument. :oops: