Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Quills on Main

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Quills on Main

by James Natsis » Fri May 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Today was a preview for anyone lucky enough--like myself--to be in the area.

What an addition to NuLu. It is beautifully spacious with a courtyard that will have people talking very quickly. Add to that the roastery on the back end of the coutyard and we got ourselves one heck of a destination in that corner of NuLu.

Further, the transition to the Butcher Block is seemless from Quill's front door.

The developing NuLu Hotel on Market and the Main St apartments assure the current phase of extending NuLu along Main St and into Butchertown.
James J. Natsis
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Quills on Main

by Jay M. » Fri May 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Love Quills. Where is this version - what is the cross street on Main??
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Fri May 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Jay M. wrote:Love Quills. Where is this version - what is the cross street on Main??

Its at Main and Shelby on the first floor of the old firehouse. It also includes the first two buildings on Shelby where they have their office and roastery.
James J. Natsis
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Great place, James, and thanks for letting us know. I went last Saturday and they were on a soft opning through Sunday. They handled a pretty substantial crowd very well and made my beloved Cortado even though it was not yet on their menu. They will also be offering wine once the license comes through. That courtyard in the back is a really nice space.