Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fundraiser for Rick Torres

no avatar
User

Ann Torres

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Fundraiser for Rick Torres

by Ann Torres » Fri May 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello everyone, Robin has graciously granted my request to post news of a fundraiser for Rick Torres here on the Hot Bytes. Rick had a stroke on Derby morning after a hard week of working double shifts. Rick has been associated with a number of fine Louisville restaurants over the years including The Alameda Bar & Grill, Jack Fry's, The Train Station and many others. We have started a fundraiser on Facebook to help him with medical and living expenses while he works to regain his ability to walk and resume a normal life.
Hope folks can use this link to view the page:
https://www.facebook.com/donate/10203031629027638/
Thanks to everyone
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Fundraiser for Rick Torres

by Robin Garr » Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks for letting us know, Ann. I'm sure a lot of us who remember Rick and wish him well will want to help out.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 am

Ann
If Rick was working at an independent restaurant he should be eligible for an APRON grant.
www.aproninc.org.
We are here to help the independent restaurant community.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Sat May 20, 2017 1:44 pm

I believe I first knew him all the way back to Langtry's. Sorry to hear about this. Looked for him at the Cherokee Triangle. Always see him at the Lobsta truck too.