Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Is Barbara Lee's Closed?

no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Is Barbara Lee's Closed?

by GaryF » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:44 am

A friend posted on FB tonight that he stopped by Barbara Lee's and it was closed. Has this ever happened before?
Is this a glitch? Part of a new world order?
Where is a person supposed to eat at 3AM?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Is Barbara Lee's Closed?

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 am

GaryF wrote:Where is a person supposed to eat at 3AM?

Spinelli's? Burritos Bigger Than Your Head? :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:12 am

Robin Garr wrote:
GaryF wrote:Where is a person supposed to eat at 3AM?

Spinelli's? Burritos Bigger Than Your Head? :mrgreen:

DUDE!

You forgot the goto... White Castles... and of course there is always the Denny's at Eastern Parkway and Crittendon Dr.
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:20 am

I stopped by a few minutes ago. A sign on the door says closed Monday/Tuesday due to plumbing problems. Hope to open Wednesday.

No sign of life this morning.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 am

It's not reopening. According to a thread on NextDoor - someone spoke to the owner (Barbara Lee) and her husband is having some health issues and they are retiring.
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 am

Heather L wrote:It's not reopening. According to a thread on NextDoor - someone spoke to the owner (Barbara Lee) and her husband is having some health issues and they are retiring.

Thanks for the info, Heather. It's sad to see a landmark go, although I have to admit that I haven't been a supporter.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:41 pm

I haven't been in years although back quite a few years ago I was a twice a month patron. Then, about 3 years ago I ordered a breakfast with ham (up to that point that particular menu option had always been "city" ham). I was quite pleasantly surprised with my first bite that it was "country" ham.

I asked the wait staff about when they had changed to country ham and was told they had not changed...upon further inspection the ham was still the city ham, but it had "turned" and had a greenish mold on it...could never bring myself to go back!
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Jerry C wrote:..upon further inspection the ham was still the city ham, but it had "turned" and had a greenish mold on it...could never bring myself to go back!

That is what nightmares are made of. Gag.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:13 pm

Used to go there in my old EMS days when I worked east. One night saw several cockroaches dancing on the counter and my partner swore he saw a rat exiting the kitchen. None of the staff seemed surprised or even interested. Never went back. I love "greasy spoon" places, but not the "uninvited guests". :(
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Heather L wrote:It's not reopening. According to a thread on NextDoor - someone spoke to the owner (Barbara Lee) and her husband is having some health issues and they are retiring.

Thanks for the info, Heather. It's sad to see a landmark go, although I have to admit that I haven't been a supporter.

PS: Aren't we in the same NextDoor community? I can't find that post, though. Prolly set for just the smaller neighborhood section that it's in.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:54 am

Robin Garr wrote:PS: Aren't we in the same NextDoor community? I can't find that post, though. Prolly set for just the smaller neighborhood section that it's in.

We are! Well, technically I am Clifton and you are probably Crescent Hill. Maybe it was set to post for Clifton only? I can find it when I search but that app has been HOPPING lately so unless it's mechanic suggestions, crime related, or about the HUB - it gets buried quickly. lol....
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:25 am

Heather L wrote:We are! Well, technically I am Clifton and you are probably Crescent Hill. Maybe it was set to post for Clifton only? I can find it when I search but that app has been HOPPING lately so unless it's mechanic suggestions, crime related, or about the HUB - it gets buried quickly. lol....

No worries, I just couldn't figure out if I was looking in the wrong place. And yes, we're in the Crescent Hill group. Technically Crescent Court, which is how NextDoor seems to identify the section bounded by Frankfort and Grinstead, Crescent and Hite.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Jerry C wrote:I haven't been in years although back quite a few years ago I was a twice a month patron. Then, about 3 years ago I ordered a breakfast with ham (up to that point that particular menu option had always been "city" ham). I was quite pleasantly surprised with my first bite that it was "country" ham.

I asked the wait staff about when they had changed to country ham and was told they had not changed...upon further inspection the ham was still the city ham, but it had "turned" and had a greenish mold on it...could never bring myself to go back!

That ham story... wow.