Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tikka House

User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Tikka House

by Mary Anne » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Tikka House has taken over the space in Chenoweth Square where Majids used to be. I went in yesterday to check them out (they opened last Tuesday) and was impressed...and I'm picky about my Indian food. My favorite Indian buffet has consistently been Bombay Grill, but this is going to be incorporated into my weekly curry quest. They have nice pictures of their buffet spread on their Facebook photo page, but no menu posted online yet. I grabbed a takeout menu...they have momos and a few other dishes that lean towards Nepal rather than India (the owners are Nepali). Everything I tried, from the Chicken 65 to the Chicken Tikka Masala to the Chicken Curry was excellent, they are not dumbing down the spices for us. Plenty of vegetarian options on the buffet as well. Dessert was Gulab Jamun and rice pudding, both delicious. The buffet was 11.99 and their frequent diner card offer a free buffet after 5, not 10 purchases. :D https://www.facebook.com/TIKKA-HOUSE-1620771461559245/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf We need to get the word out they are open!
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Tikka House

by Rich S » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:42 pm

I tried their lunch buffet today and also was impressed. It's similar to other buffets around town, but they did have fish curry and goat curry, which you don't find everywhere. It was a good assortment of dishes, although I would have liked a couple more vegetable offerings. The service was good; one of the waiters brought a basket of freshly baked naan to our table. Apparently the weekday buffet is cheaper; I paid $10.99.

The full menu is available on their website, http://www.tikkahouselouisville.com
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Did they take all of Majid's space? I heard that Paul's was going to expand into at least part of it?
User

shree.giri

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:15 am

by shree.giri » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi,
Paul extended 50% and Tikka House took rest of Majid's area.
Thanks
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Sounds promising! Looking forward to trying the fish in banana leaves and the momos. I am always happy to see some Nepali dishes!