Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

Late Night Diner Needs Help

by Mike L » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:22 am

I have a friend who gets off work late - usually 10pm or 11pm. I'm not too familiar with what places are open really late but I wanted to help him out.

He knows about the Highlands Bristol and Ramsi's, and Spinelli's. He's tired of Denny's, Waffle House and Steak & Shake. Can anyone recommend other places? A lot of restaurants have late hours listed but I wonder if that's because of their bar, and the kitchen closes earlier.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Late Night Diner Needs Help

by GaryF » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:57 am

Upstairs at The Butchertown Grocery, The Hub, The Hilltop Tavern, Barbara Lee's.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:40 am

GaryF wrote:Upstairs at The Butchertown Grocery, The Hub, The Hilltop Tavern, Barbara Lee's.

When I saw the title of this thread the first thing I thought was, "I hope Gary weighs in here."
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:40 am

This is good for Friday; you'd have to call about mid-week hours. While these are supposed to be kitchen hours, I know some close earlier if they are not busy (and have no reservations), so we usually call if we are coming that late. Again, mid-week I'm sure this list gets smaller!

I remember back 20-25 years ago when we had a choice of two places: Hasenhours or the Bristol. Things are looking up!

11:00
Asiatique, Aspen Creek, Basa, Capt Quarters, Cast Iron, Chuy's, Decca, Doc Crow, Marketplace, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Volare, Wild Rita

11:30
Dish, Mitchell's Fish Market, Rye, Silver Dollar, Varanese

Midnight
BBC, BJ's, Brendan's Catch 22, Clifton Pizza, Dragon King's Daughter, Griff's, Over the 9, River House

1am
Asiatique, mellow Mushroom Shelbyville Rd, Patrick O'Shea's

later
Barcode, Bristol (Bardstown Rd), Galaxy Bar, Ramsi's, The Hub, Wick's on Bardstown, Monkey Wrench, Butchertown Grocery
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:54 am

Andrew Mellman wrote:This is good for Friday; you'd have to call about mid-week hours.

Andrew, that is an incredible list! Would you mind if I borrow it (with attribution) to put on the HotBytes site as a reference item?
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:37 am

Burger Boy!
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Andrew Mellman wrote:This is good for Friday; you'd have to call about mid-week hours.

Andrew, that is an incredible list! Would you mind if I borrow it (with attribution) to put on the HotBytes site as a reference item?

Be my guest! Just realize that - while correct in May - this already may be out of date, as these change continually.
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:03 pm

Yeah, that's the problem with posting guides like this. I always try to include an Email link and an invitation to contact us with updates and suggestions.

Thanks, Andrew!
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:51 pm

The Kitchen at Gerstle's Place is open until 1am Sunday-Thursday, and 3am Friday and Saturday.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:10 am

Thanks Todd- but I must bow to the greatness that is Andrew Mellman- great list, I think I will print it out and laminate it.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:25 am

GaryF wrote:Thanks Todd- but I must bow to the greatness that is Andrew Mellman- great list, I think I will print it out and laminate it.

I'm not worthy . . .
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

by juan.molina » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:18 am

RonnieD wrote:The Kitchen at Gerstle's Place is open until 1am Sunday-Thursday, and 3am Friday and Saturday.

I've seen you mention Gerstle's a few times. Do you own it or are the chef there?
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

by Mike L » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. Greatly appreciated!
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:29 pm

juan.molina wrote:
RonnieD wrote:The Kitchen at Gerstle's Place is open until 1am Sunday-Thursday, and 3am Friday and Saturday.

I've seen you mention Gerstle's a few times. Do you own it or are the chef there?

I'm heading up the Kitchen at Gerstle's. It's a cooperative effort with Erik White, the owner, to rebuild the kitchen program there and restore it to glory. I'm having a blast.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:14 am

Andrew Mellman wrote:This is good for Friday; you'd have to call about mid-week hours. While these are supposed to be kitchen hours, I know some close earlier if they are not busy (and have no reservations), so we usually call if we are coming that late. Again, mid-week I'm sure this list gets smaller!

I remember back 20-25 years ago when we had a choice of two places: Hasenhours or the Bristol. Things are looking up!

11:00
Asiatique, Aspen Creek, Basa, Capt Quarters, Cast Iron, Chuy's, Decca, Doc Crow, Marketplace, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Volare, Wild Rita

11:30
Dish, Mitchell's Fish Market, Rye, Silver Dollar, Varanese

Midnight
BBC, BJ's, Brendan's Catch 22, Clifton Pizza, Dragon King's Daughter, Griff's, Over the 9, River House

1am
Asiatique, mellow Mushroom Shelbyville Rd, Patrick O'Shea's

later
Barcode, Bristol (Bardstown Rd), Galaxy Bar, Ramsi's, The Hub, Wick's on Bardstown, Monkey Wrench, Butchertown Grocery, The Back Door
Next