Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Sarasota

Moderator: Robin Garr

no avatar
User

John S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Sarasota

by John S » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:41 pm

I'll be traveling to Sarasota for work next week. Any recommendations on where to eat while I'm there?
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Re: Sarasota

by Gayle DeM » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:10 pm

I haven't been to Sarasota for a several years, but for some reason I ran across this website this morning: http://www.visitsarasota.org/article/lite-bites?utm_campaign=miles-content-marketing&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=paid-contentIt might to of use to you.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

Re: Sarasota

by Jeffrey D. » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:24 am

We've got a place there. Love Sarasota. Here's a Google food map my daughter put together before a visit there last month. It's got 27 places that we've had good experiences with and shows each of them located on Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z1T6V2VUmzGA.kttr6bpTEV_k

And here is a copy of an email I sent to her to help in preparing the map:

Well, as you know, we put El Toro Bravo at the top of the list. Sometimes we go there even before we unpack.

Other places we've had good luck at:

Walt's Fish Market and Restaurant

Nice little Thai place on Beneva in the center where the Post Office is: The Star Thai and Sushi

Owen's Fish Camp - downtown and a little pricey

Of course you know Cafe Epicure for my favorite pizza (and your favorite caprese) in town

Honey Tree Cafe for down home diner type stuff, although they can have some interesting specials sometimes

Here's one you won't know about - Tony's Chicago Beef - hole in the wall with great Chicago style dogs and Italian beef sandwiches (get it wet and with sport peppers) - good burgers, too.

Yoder's for the experience - large portions, too. Although the line will look long, you'll probably be seated within 15-20 minutes.

Another one for the experience - Linger Lodge - out in the swamp, frog legs, alligator bites, all those old, dusty, stuffed critters . . . . mmmmm.

KaCey's Seafood and More - good fresh seafood place close by on Fruitville - where the old hot dog place used to be.

El Patio Latina nice change of pace Peruvian/Spanish food

Sunrise Cafe - good breakfast place - it is actually a Jewish deli restaurant with a big menu. Some of the dishes are huge servings, too.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.