Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Assisted Living Facility

User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Assisted Living Facility

by Steve P » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Can anyone provide me with a little resource guidance for assisted living options on the east side of Louisville and/or Oldham county. Has anyone known people or had a family member in any of these facilities and if so what have been your/their experiences ?
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Re: Assisted Living Facility

by Gayle DeM » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Steve, give me a call and we can talk. My mother was at several facilities. -gayle
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:32 pm

A friend's parents are at Magnolia Springs on Whipps Mill Rd. I have been there several times and it is really nice. They recently had to move into the Memory Care unit and the folks there are really good. I have also seen and heard good things about the care at the Masonic Home on Frankfort. Parr's at Springhurst also has a a good reputation at it's previous location.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:39 pm

My grandparents live at the Masonic Homes on Frankfort Avenue. Right now they are in an independent apartment (not too shabby for 94 and 91 respectively), but specifically chose this community so that as their needs changed, they will have additional options open to them. They made this choice before they "had to" so to speak. So while I can't speak specifically to their assisted living facilities, in general, my grandparents have been thrilled with Masonic Homes.

Good luck!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:Steve, give me a call and we can talk. My mother was at several facilities. -gayle

Gayle,

I'll call you in the next 2 or 3 days...Thanks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Masonic Homes are very good, and growing. Oxmoor Lodge just east of Oxmoor Center looks attractive and well-run, as best I can tell from visiting a couple of St Thomas folks there. The Episcopal Church Home on Westport just out from Westport Village is awesome, but may have a long waiting list.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Thank you all for the replies...I really appreciate it