Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Need New Tire Service Cheap!

User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Need New Tire Service Cheap!

by RonnieD » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:24 am

Ok, so I've been using the River City Tire place next to Comfy Cow in Crescent Hill for years. They would plug tires for dirt cheap and sell me retreads and used tires at great prices (I have a 15 year old car that is worth less than the cost of a new tire). But now there is a chain-link fence around River City Tire and I'm going to assume they are gone for good (I cannot get to the door to read the posted sign).

So is there anyone else in the neighborhood or area that provides a similar service? When I can take a third mortgage and buy new tires for our other car, I go to Ken Towery, but I'd rather not wait 3 hours and pay $75 to have a tire plugged. Plus, they ain't exactly in the neighborhood.

Anybody know a guy? :D
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Need New Tire Service Cheap!

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:00 am

No good advice, but I share your pain. We live in the nabe, too, and it was always a delight to run over there when the stupid little tire light came on, and they never acted like it was an imposition to check it. I sure hope you (we) get a good answer!