Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

by TanyaD » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:06 pm

NOOOO!!!!!!! I am so sorry, Dave. Your restaurant will be SORELY missed. Best of luck on your future endeavors. Yours was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. :cry:
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:29 pm

I'll admit I never made it over there and now I feel like a big turd because of it. I'm so sorry to hear when local businesses have to reluctantly close their doors - I know how much goes in to getting them up and keeping them going. Best of luck to you Dave - I hope you find somewhere wonderful to hang your heart!
User

Scott Schamel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:02 am

Louisville, KY

by Scott Schamel » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:21 pm

Dave, so sorry to hear that you had to close. I wish you luck wherever you go. I know you will do well.
no avatar
User

Joe Pennington

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:53 am

Louisville KY."Germantown"

looking forward to the rise

by Joe Pennington » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:41 am

I think this is just a bump in the road. For every chef/cook wannabe take a look at the real thing. This man has it. It's such a monster to make it happen. Dave will I am sure, one way or another.
Advance confidently in the direction of your dreams and endeavour to live the life which you have imagined and they shall meet with unexpected success. HDT
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words

by David Clancy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:21 pm

Rest assured that this space will not remain vacant for long and it is a golden opportunity for any saavy restauranteur. I STRONGLY suggest that anyone interested in this property contact Mike Kopp at Lopp real estate, and anyone who is interested is welcome to see my P/L for the last year and a half. The difference between making this place succeed or fail was the lack of a FOH manager or partner combined with my own lack of capital. New Albany is a great city with so much potential and I know that it will continue to grow and prosper in spite of my loss. This will probably be my last post for some time as I am losing my WIFI. Again, thank you to everyone for your support and I will let you all know where I land. (I think I'm gonna take a day off first......) And Shawn, I'll be taking you up on that free pizza offer tonight as I'm kinda low on cash right now. -Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Sorry to hear the news Dave. I stuck my head in the courtyard Saturday night but the kids wouldn't let go in for a beer.

I've got a beer for you to go with Shawns pizza!
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
Previous