Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Kroger cheese bar

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Kroger cheese bar

by Carla G » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:44 pm

The Kroger on Hwy 146 at 265 has added a large cheese / fresh olive bar. It offers a wider/larger variety of cheeses than Whole Foods or some of the other big box stores. I don't normally sing the praises go mega stores but I'll make an exception here. Perhaps what makes the bar so successful is the young lady in charge of the cheese department. She's very knowledgeable and more than willing to offer samples as well as her expertise . She's a great communicator with her descriptions as well.
Since I limit my cheese intake to rare occasions and since some of these cheeses cost around $20 lb. I appreciate someone to help steer me in the proper direction so I don't drop a ton of money on cheese that doesn't knock my socks off.

This time a big box store gets the customer service right.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Kroger cheese bar

by Joel F » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:55 pm

I think that was probably a Murray's...

At Murray's, our mission is to bring the best cheese selection to America, and we’re doing just that through a partnership with The Kroger Company. Murray’s has been a New York food destination since 1940, and we’ve been shipping cheese by mail around the country for years. But until we partnered with Kroger, we had no way to bring the Murray’s experience to your community. We are excited to share cheese with you in mini-Murray’s shops found in select Kroger, King Soopers, QFC, City Market, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, and Smith's stores.

http://www.murrayscheese.com/our-busine ... ationwide/
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Kroger cheese bar

by Carla G » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Yes! I did notice the Murray's name on a bunch of cheese there. (I wondered about that.) I had several of Murray's cheeses and they were quite tasty.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson