Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Asheville, NC

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

DanB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am

San Francisco

Re: Asheville, NC

by DanB » Fri May 30, 2014 8:57 pm

June 2014

Table: Very good
Blackbirds: Pretty good
MarketPlace: Very good
Southern: Meh
Lobster Trap: Stopped in for a drink and the whole staff smelled like cheech and chong's van.

Breakfast:

Tupelo Honey better than Early Girl and Over Easy but all were decent.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Fri May 30, 2014 11:08 pm

DanB wrote:June 2014

Table: Very good
Blackbirds: Pretty good
MarketPlace: Very good
Southern: Meh
Lobster Trap: Stopped in for a drink and the whole staff smelled like cheech and chong's van.

Breakfast:

Tupelo Honey better than Early Girl and Over Easy but all were decent.

Thanks for the report, DanB. Always enjoy Asheville - they received recent positive press on the beer scene, there. Are you back in the States for good or just on holiday??
User

DanB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am

San Francisco

by DanB » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:48 am

We are scouting places to live in NC. Asheville has a lot but Jeez Louise there's a lot of hipsters.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:44 pm

DanB wrote:We are scouting places to live in NC. Asheville has a lot but Jeez Louise there's a lot of hipsters.

:lol: ....That and old hippies. My wife and I have a theory...back in the 60's and 70's thousands of hippies left the east coast for California. Their VW vans ran out of gas or broke down around Asheville and they stayed.

BTW....check out Black Mountain before you buy. It's a bit cheaper than Asheville proper and is a bit more laid back.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 pm

There is a pizza place downtown that is just amazing....can't remember the name. I used to go to Asheville for business....seems like there were plenty of choices....but I would always go to the pizza.....it has a big open room and upstairs if I am not mistaken....sorry I can't remember names....been 10 years since I have been there.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Steve Kluesner wrote:There is a pizza place downtown that is just amazing....can't remember the name. I used to go to Asheville for business....seems like there were plenty of choices....but I would always go to the pizza.....it has a big open room and upstairs if I am not mistaken....sorry I can't remember names....been 10 years since I have been there.

Maybe Barley's?
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:59 am

Heather L wrote:
Steve Kluesner wrote:There is a pizza place downtown that is just amazing....can't remember the name. I used to go to Asheville for business....seems like there were plenty of choices....but I would always go to the pizza.....it has a big open room and upstairs if I am not mistaken....sorry I can't remember names....been 10 years since I have been there.

Maybe Barley's?

Has to be.

Interestingly the beer they have on tap downstairs is not the same beer they have on tap at the upstairs bar. Which is kinda cool.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
Previous