Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Cincinnati Area Getaway?

by Deb Hall » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Jay,

Nice to hear from you! Ironically I was just looking at making a reservation at Jean Robert's Table for next Saturday - we are going to the Arnoff.

All,
I've already checked and we can't get into Metropole or Boca for dinner before our show. Any other suggestions for someplace downtown on a theatre night?
Thanks,
Deb
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:56 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Jay,

Nice to hear from you! Ironically I was just looking at making a reservation at Jean Robert's Table for next Saturday - we are going to the Arnoff.

All,
I've already checked and we can't get into Metropole or Boca for dinner before our show. Any other suggestions for someplace downtown on a theatre night?
Thanks,
Deb

My suggestion would have been to see Book of Mormon in May in Louisville . . . better seats, less expensive, and your choice of good restaurants! Oh, well . . .

We always have a good meal at the Precinct (sp?).
Andrew Mellman
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Andrew,
Thanks for the advice, but the goal of this was to have a relaxing, romantic getaway with my husband. Staying in Louisville was not what we wanted to do....

I'll checkout Precinct.

Deb
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:54 am

Jay M. wrote:Thanks for the report, Brad. We had a similar trip a few weeks ago and did a pre-dinner drink at Metropole. We weren't too impressed with the bar and thought the Louisville version much nicer. Dinner was at Jean Robert's Table, which we enjoyed, but the pacing and timing were very "French".

I completely agree regarding the bar. The physical bar is pretty cool - very, very long, but the bar area was cramped. The bar at Proof is far superior.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 am

Deb Hall wrote:All,
Thanks,
Deb

For white tablecloth style, Orchids at Palm Court is supposed to be good. Local 127 also gets good reviews.

The Precinct is fine, but is another in the Jeff Ruby steakhouse empire.
-Alton Brown
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 pm

Also, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Nada is very good, and very close to the Arnoff.
-Alton Brown
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Brad Keeton wrote:Also, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Nada is very good, and very close to the Arnoff.

Thanks, Brad. We tried Nada over the weekend , but they were full too. We have a reservation at Local 127. ;-)
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Deb Hall wrote:
Brad Keeton wrote:Also, I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but Nada is very good, and very close to the Arnoff.

Thanks, Brad. We tried Nada over the weekend , but they were full too. We have a reservation at Local 127. ;-)

Deb - how was Local 127?
-Alton Brown
Previous