Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

RELISH Closes

User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

RELISH Closes

by Marsha L. » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:56 pm

WHAS Story here

How awful for Susan, Chef Beeson and the staff. I hope they all land somewhere else soon.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: RELISH Closes

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:09 pm

What a shame! We really enjoyed the food there and the atmosphere was also very pleasant, very simple but not imposing at all. They have been slow when we have eaten there but I figured especially during the summer being so close to the waterfront they would do well. Hopefully everyone involved will do well someplace else very soon.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Aw, that's too bad. I thought that place was really good. I was even thinking about planting a fern wall, I liked theirs so much.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:13 pm

I'm very sorry too. It was a nice place run by good people with a long history in the local food scene.

That said, I wondered from the beginning if being in a shopping center well away from our growing restaurant "clusters" was going to be good. It's getting hard to wean people away from the scenes on Frankfort, Bardstown, Nulu, St Matthews, New Albany ... when your restaurant sits off by itself, it's not so much in people's minds, or so it seems to me. Am I off base here?
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Hate to hear this. Relish was the only easy place to walk / bike to for outstanding food when attending Waterfront Wednesdays after it moved beside the Big Four Bridge. The Relish project seemed much like the high quality healthy offerings that 'Coco' Tran started with Zen Garden, Roots / Heart & Soy. This is a direction our town needs & I hope to patronize Susan S. elsewhere with a focus on healthy cuisine.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:53 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I'm very sorry too. It was a nice place run by good people with a long history in the local food scene.

That said, I wondered from the beginning if being in a shopping center well away from our growing restaurant "clusters" was going to be good. It's getting hard to wean people away from the scenes on Frankfort, Bardstown, Nulu, St Matthews, New Albany ... when your restaurant sits off by itself, it's not so much in people's minds, or so it seems to me. Am I off base here?

I thought the location was a bad choice as well, but after they opened I had been there for many a business meeting and the place was never not packed. Im very surprised given how busy it always was every time I went in at lunch that they are closing. But then I dont know what her overhead was either.
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Doug Davis wrote:I thought the location was a bad choice as well, but after they opened I had been there for many a business meeting and the place was never not packed. Im very surprised given how busy it always was every time I went in at lunch that they are closing. But then I dont know what her overhead was either.

Maybe, then, it was more an issue of not enough seats to make the numbers work without liquor sales?
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:57 am

We went twice or should say tried to go twice both times after struggling to find a parking spot went to the door to find the line at the door with no tables available...gave up never went back after those two times a couple of months apart.