Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!
User

DanB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:47 am

San Francisco

Loire / Montpellier.. points in between

by DanB » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Going for a bit of a drive in February. Basically Antwerp->Paris->Loire->Montpellier and then probably back to Hermann-land via Burgundy.

We have Paris well covered and some boots on the ground in Montpellier. Any suggestions for wine, food, song, and the odd bed and breakfast establishment for the Loire and Montpellier would be much appreciated. Traveling by car so side-trips are no problem.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Loire / Montpellier.. points in between

by Jay M. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:14 pm

I really liked Nantes: great tramway, easy to get around, fun square in center with lots of activity, a vibrant college town. It's the western Loire - maybe 30 miles from the Atlantic. Also, we (and lots of other tourists) went to several of the chateaux in the area. Chenonceau was my favorite and we went to Cheverny and Chambord. I'd like to see Vouvray - not because I know anyhing about the city but because I like the wine. Sit outside somewhere in the Loire with an order of moules frites and a bottle of Muscadet (can I go with you?).