Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Running Tracks open to the public

by Nimbus Couzin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Does anyone know of any running tracks open to the public (in the Louisville metro area)???

Thanks... :t
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Running Tracks open to the public

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:53 pm

I assume you're talking about something more structured than, say, the Riverwalk or Seneca Park?
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Yeah. I should have been clearer. I meant a 400 meter standard track. One that would be used by track athletes. When I went to Purdue, the univ. had a nice one, and the local HS had one open 24/7. Around here, Bellarmine locks theirs, and I'm not sure what else is out there.
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:52 am

Nimbus Couzin wrote:Yeah. I should have been clearer. I meant a 400 meter standard track. One that would be used by track athletes. When I went to Purdue, the univ. had a nice one, and the local HS had one open 24/7. Around here, Bellarmine locks theirs, and I'm not sure what else is out there.

I'm pretty sure U of L has one among all that athletic activity along Floyd Street, but whether it's open for use by the public is another story, I'm sure.