Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

A truly great auto body shop

User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

A truly great auto body shop

by Gordon M Lowe » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:51 pm

I brought my first car(a 1984 Toyota Celica GT) in here back in 1991. A few friends at AAA recommended this little mom n' pop shop in Butchertown. That experience began my impression that the people at Tucker's are truly honest and care about doing good work. A few cars and dents later, I just recently had them take care of my Saturn SC1, and I left with a very good feeling about that business. The whole accident process is nerve-wracking, but Tucker's really makes the actual nitty gritty repair easy. Sherry, the manager and matriarch of the business, genuinely does as much as she can to make sure you get the best deal, and Tucker is hands on with getting the car running again, better than it was before you came in the door! I can't recommend these folks enough.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: A truly great auto body shop

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Gordon. It's good to know. I've often driven by there and thought it looked as if Tucker's must have been there forever.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:34 pm

I've used Tucker's for almost 20 years. Cannot say enough good things about them. Good quality work, reasonable pricing and timely. Good, honest folks. Sherry is Tucker's wife and makes that place hum.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:47 am

Gordon do they do mechanics AND body work?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gordon M Lowe » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 am

Carla G wrote:Gordon do they do mechanics AND body work?

They do the mechanical stuff as part of an accident repair, but it's not a place to go for a tune up, no. I spent some time watching what was going on, and it's really fascinating how body shops do what they do. One of the guys who has had over 40 years experience told me cars are a lot harder to take apart and put back together again nowadays. His favorite tool used to be a big old mallet, but the newer cars aren't as easy to bang back into shape. :)
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Gordon M Lowe wrote:
Carla G wrote:Gordon do they do mechanics AND body work?

His favorite tool used to be a big old mallet, but the newer cars aren't as easy to bang back into shape. :)

What a coincidence! My favorite tool of choice for my laptop!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Gordon M Lowe » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 pm

I wanted to follow this up by saying I've had two minor issues related to the repair since picking it up, and Tucker's stood by their work and took care of things. Some places might hem and haw and tell you it's not their problem anymore, but Tucker's does not make you feel uncomfortable for going back with any question or issue, and I am not a pushy person at all.