Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

WHAS reporting Quattro closed

by Suzi Bernert » Thu May 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Doug Proffitt has it on his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/whasdoug?ref=tn_tnmn

Says it was locked up today. Cordish says it is looking for a local steak house to out in there...never did get there since I avoid 4th St. 8)
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: WHAS reporting Quattro closed

by Mark R. » Thu May 30, 2013 10:19 pm

The fact that Quattro closed doesn't really surprise me based on their history and the history of its heritage restaurant. I really don't believe there's any local steakhouse that would consider going into 4th Street live. They all know the history of the place and have heard all the tales of horror. I don't see where there would be any incentive for any of them to try it.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 30, 2013 10:23 pm

Yeah, I was excited when I heard that Bim Deitrich was involved in Quattro, but the closer we look at that, the more it looks like the same Mozz'/Mozzeria outfit, and as Mark points out, they - or the exec chef, at least - have a long record that goes back to Texas of dumping a project quickly if it looks like it isn't going to get up a head of steam. I'm kind of sorry they dragged Bim into it, but I figure now he was just there as a consultant or maybe mostly just for his name. I'm sure he'll survive. :)
no avatar
User

Cynthia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:46 pm

by Cynthia L » Fri May 31, 2013 6:15 am

Any suggestions for unused gift certificates ?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 31, 2013 7:28 am

Cynthia L wrote:Any suggestions for unused gift certificates ?

I'm afraid they're probably just scratch paper now, unless another local eatery decides to step forward and offer to take them as a publicity device. But I'm not sure how effective a business plan that would be.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 am

I thought it was interesting that the restaurant apparently closed two weeks ago but people are just noticing it now.
User

Brad Young

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:36 am

by Brad Young » Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 am

Bim told me 2 weeks into their opening at a tenants meeting that he was there temporarily as a "consultant". They were locked up last week and 4th Street security saw them taking product out the back door on Saturday night. It seems security never told 4th Street management. The facilities mgr was in my restaurant yesterday and was told by one of his employees. I walked down there with him to check and sure enough locked up tight and empty.
Brad Young
General Manager
Captain's Quarters Riverside Grille
502-228-1651
https://www.facebook.com/CQRiverside/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 31, 2013 11:08 am

Richard S. wrote:I thought it was interesting that the restaurant apparently closed two weeks ago but people are just noticing it now.

It was in Fourth Street Live. 8)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 31, 2013 11:09 am

Brad Young wrote:4th Street security saw them taking product out the back door on Saturday night.

Best local "Fly By Night" scenario since It's All Greek To Me similarly busted out of their sublease on Frankfort Avenue. :mrgreen:
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri May 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Best local "Fly By Night" scenario since It's All Greek To Me similarly busted out of their sublease on Frankfort Avenue. :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, have you noticed she's set up a new "Greek Deli" across from Trinity HS?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Speaking of which, have you noticed she's set up a new "Greek Deli" across from Trinity HS?

Yeah, I think that's about the 12th location. :(

I did think it was kind of funny that the next iteration after Frankfort Avenue was a food truck. Four wheels for a quick getaway! :lol:
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri May 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Speaking of which, have you noticed she's set up a new "Greek Deli" across from Trinity HS?

Yeah, I think that's about the 12th location. :(

I did think it was kind of funny that the next iteration after Frankfort Avenue was a food truck. Four wheels for a quick getaway! :lol:

Over/under on 6 months as the length this spot stays open?
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Fri May 31, 2013 11:51 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Richard S. wrote:I thought it was interesting that the restaurant apparently closed two weeks ago but people are just noticing it now.

It was in Fourth Street Live. 8)

They were open at least as late as Monday, May 20 because I walked down from the Yum for the lunch break at the Dalai Lama's public teaching. Rode my bike to the center so no internal combustion to get me farther in the break time and I'm not downtown very often and wanted to try someplace new (to me) for lunch. I had potato soup and the pasta of the day, linguine with a lemon cream sauce and some bread with iced tea. Food was OK by me, didn't have me astral projecting but it was quite adequate for a quick lunch special at the price. There were a couple of folks dining alfresco along with me and I think that was it, don't recall any customers inside. I feel for the young lady (well, in my mid-50s anyone under 40 is young to me) who was my server and I'm glad I left her a pretty good tip.
Admittedly it is in 4SL, but this storefront will have a way to go before we can conclude the curse that plagued Bardstown @ Bonnycastle finally has a new home.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 pm

If 4th Street Live attempted to cater more to families rather than fickle twenty-somethings and the downtown hotel crowd (something like this- http://www.newportonthelevee.com/) they might stand a chance. As it is the whole thing is going to rapidly go belly up.

Poor management and lack of strategy.
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Doug Davis wrote:If 4th Street Live attempted to cater more to families rather than fickle twenty-somethings and the downtown hotel crowd (something like this- http://www.newportonthelevee.com/) they might stand a chance. As it is the whole thing is going to rapidly go belly up.

Poor management and lack of strategy.

I don't see 4th St Live going anywhere. Also, I know plenty of people who would rather work downtown for the simple fact that a lot of locals avoid it. Tourists and businesses dining on corporate accounts are sometimes viewed as preferable to picky local foodies.
Next