Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Bim Dietrich is back with Quattro on Fourth

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Kind of an odd press release (I've posted it un-edited), but the news that Bim Dietrich is back is worth applauding for sure! This appears to be in the short-lived Mozzaria location in Fourth Street Live, so apparently the weird statement "Quattro is the first locally owned and conceived concept on 4th street" is PR-speak for "first indie in Fourth Street Live." Not counting J. Gumbo and the Chinese place, I guess.

Local Chef & Restaurateur to Open Quattro on Fourth Street Downtown

A local team of Louisvillians have come together to open a brand new venue on 4th Street. Executive Chef Josh Hillyard and Louisville Restaurant legend Bim Deitrich have teamed up to create Quattro, a new and exciting Italian concept. The two Louisville restaurateurs have created an exciting and dynamic atmosphere that will specialize in authentic rustic Italian cooking. Quattro reflects an independent spirit in both food and design. A lively bar scene and outdoor terrace features regional Italian wines, fine crafted cocktails and artisan beers. Quattro will seat 100 in the dining room and 40 at the bar. The menu will feature exciting dishes ranging from Grilled Squid with chorizo vinaigrette to Chargrilled Hanger Steak with Salsa Rossa and great homemade desserts like Orange Budino with pistachio biscotti. Appetizers range from $7-$12 with entrees ranging from $15.99 - $25.99.

Chef Hillyard, who learned his craft with stints at Danielle’s, Azalea, and Equus under the tutelage of local master Dean Corbett, has created many fresh and bold recipes that coupled with Bim Dietrich’s wine and spirits selections promise to take their guests on a unique experience unparalleled in the Louisville market.

Quattro is the first locally owned and conceived concept on 4th street. “It has always been my dream to own and operate my own restaurant and Quattro represents an unbelievable opportunity to invest, partner, and operate with a local team of extraordinary individuals” said Chef Hillyard, “This concept will provide an opportunity to showcase some great dishes that focus on seasonal ingredients that are also locally produced.”

Bim Dietrich has designed Quattro to appeal to guests that want to experience an exciting and fresh atmosphere, great food and great wines, within a lively and unique dining environment. An icon of the Louisville restaurant scene with past successes in Myra’s, Dietrich’s in the Crescent, Allo Spiedo, and Primo, Bim has reentered the market with Quattro as the next great experience for the Louisville restaurant scene.

Quattro – Locally conceived, locally owned – in the heart of downtown
Quattro will open January 26th with an invitation only guest list.
Public Lunch and Dinner service will start February 1st with service M-F with dinner service only on Saturdays. Reservations will be taken starting February 1st.
Located at 450 South Fourth Street - T: 502.618.1904 - www.quattrolouisville.com
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Bim Dietrich is back with Quattro on Fourth

by Deb Hall » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Now THAT will make me go to 4th Street Live!
:D
Deb
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am

I wish they had located someplace else. Sounds like a nice restaurant, but I'm not sure something like that will be supported in that location. There are certainly many other places. I think it would do better.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 am

Getting to eat Josh's food again will finally get me into 4th St. Something I didn't think was a possibility.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 am

So very happy to see Mr Dietrich back in the biz. His restaurants have been wonderful. Although the original post failed to mention his association with Langtry's Road House on Shelbyville Rd. wishing Bim nothing but the best of success !
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

by Laura B » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm

I saw Bim sitting inside the space a few weeks back & had my fingers crossed for his return to the Louisville dining scene! Since I work right next door, I can't wait to try it! :D
When in doubt, add more wine.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 pm

He wasn't mentioned in the review that appeared in Friday's CJ. The review tells of "... a recent addition to the team, Scott Shearer (Lynn’s Paradise Cafe, Toast on Market), leading the front of the house."
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Bim, in addition to all the other places mentioned...worked his chops as one of the owners of the original Bristol Bar and Grill, where I was one of the original cooks. We cranked out the first True Bistro Menu in Louisville from scratch, and watched people standing in the rain to get a seat on Friday and Saturday nights. It was the hip place to be and be seen at the time. Bim is a master of sorts, with a vision honed in his families continental genes. Wish him all the luck in the world. Billowing Steak Au Poivre smoke and flaming brandy in cast iron skillets still color my dreams. What a place in the beginning!
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 am

Nice to have Bim back, for sure, as he has been much missed. If anyone has a shot at bringing locals to 4SL it is Bim.

If this press release was issued without consent of Cordish, they will frown upon the "locally owned and conceived" comment. At least, historically, they would have. We were prohibited by them from promoting J. Gumbo's as locally owned and originated.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 am

RonnieD wrote:Nice to have Bim back, for sure, as he has been much missed. If anyone has a shot at bringing locals to 4SL it is Bim.

If this press release was issued without consent of Cordish, they will frown upon the "locally owned and conceived" comment. At least, historically, they would have. We were prohibited by them from promoting J. Gumbo's as locally owned and originated.

Huh? how does Cordish have a say in their tenant's Press Releases? Much less why would they restrict their tenant's from using this truthful and business -enhancing statement?

Deb
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 am

Jay M. wrote:He wasn't mentioned in the review that appeared in Friday's CJ. The review tells of "... a recent addition to the team, Scott Shearer (Lynn’s Paradise Cafe, Toast on Market), leading the front of the house."

Good catch, Jay. The Quattro website does include this language, though:

"Co-operated with famed Louisville restaurateur Bim Deitrich, the Quattro concept of uniquely fresh flavors and rustic Italian cooking in a beautiful setting and exciting atmosphere is the newest edition to downtown Louisville."
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:41 pm

Deb Hall wrote:
RonnieD wrote:Nice to have Bim back, for sure, as he has been much missed. If anyone has a shot at bringing locals to 4SL it is Bim.

Huh? how does Cordish have a say in their tenant's Press Releases? Much less why would they restrict their tenant's from using this truthful and business -enhancing statement?

Deb

Contracts, contracts, contracts. You operate within their facility on their property, they can control pretty much anything they want to, as long as you sign on the dotted line (are there any dotted lines these days?) I'm not privy to the bits and pieces, but was told, point blank, by the head of 4SL that we could not advertise that we were local. Told lots of other things as well, like no hand made signs could be used, signs posted in windows had to be approved, no neon OPEN signs allowed, the list goes on. Much happier to be at the corner of 5th and Jefferson.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Sadly, I heard from very reliable sources that Bim is no longer with Quattro. I had been looking forward to checking it out, because as we all know, Bim certainly knows his way around food and wine.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Amy Hoover wrote:Sadly, I heard from very reliable sources that Bim is no longer with Quattro. I had been looking forward to checking it out, because as we all know, Bim certainly knows his way around food and wine.

I hate to hear that, too, Amy ... I had hoped maybe Quattro was going to turn into Primo II with Bim hanging around. If you hear anything further, would you let me know, please, privately if you prefer?

Oh, and welcome back! It's good to see you! :D
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:58 am

Amy Hoover wrote:Sadly, I heard from very reliable sources that Bim is no longer with Quattro. I had been looking forward to checking it out, because as we all know, Bim certainly knows his way around food and wine.

Well, ain't that a &!$$er :|
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
Next